Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pedal Choice and Knee Injuries
Quote | Reply
I was reading pedal reviews and a lot of people complaint about x or y pedal being bad for their knees. Can anybody explain how a pedal can damage my knees?
Quote Reply
Re: Pedal Choice and Knee Injuries [runbikerun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it has to do with the amount of "float" the pedal has...not enough angle for some people means the foot is not moving in the same plain as the knee....in other words your riding with twisted knee's...
Quote Reply
Re: Pedal Choice and Knee Injuries [runbikerun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey RunbikeRun

Pedals are such a hard thing to nail down. When I got my Seven I went for as light as I could get, witch was speedplays. After about 6 months I started to get tendinitis on the inside of both knees, switched back to Time and have been happy ever since. I found that I needed side-to-side float plus heal float and the speedplays did not have the side-to-side float. So it’s things like that that will get you.

I have been very happy with the Times.

Dan…

Quote Reply
Re: Pedal Choice and Knee Injuries [6cuda6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It makes sense. The reason I ask the question is that last spring I had knee injuries (both knees). Now when I look back at the things that I did last spring one of them was installing new pedals and a new saddle. I also heard the saddle has an effect on knee injuries and now I don't know how to determine which component to blame.
Last edited by: runbikerun: Jan 12, 06 13:44
Quote Reply
Re: Pedal Choice and Knee Injuries [bikedude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What about shoe selection?
Quote Reply