Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

exterra pro vector 2 wetsuit question
Quote | Reply
i just read in triathlete magazine that this wet suit has thinner rubber thus "novice swimmers might think about a suit with more buoyancy"....

2 questions:

1. i am not a great swimmer 1hr22minute ironman speed so is this less boyancy enough for someone like me to really notice?

2. if it has thinner rubber, does that mean it is less warm? i swim in the bay in SF?

have not wore it yet but it fits good. i can get an 05 orca-flex for about the same amount.

please help answer my question.

thanks

david
Quote Reply
Re: exterra pro vector 2 wetsuit question [Greyhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Vector. I might look at a Vortex if I had it to do over again. Only because it is cheaper and I think some of the xtras on the Vector are lost on me. The Vortex would be a bit tougher. I absolutely love my Vector though!!!!!!

You may have tried on the Orca, but if you have not then you should. If the Vector fits you well then I would be surprised if the Orca also fit you as well. Xterra and QR fit me great Orca and Ironman feel like crap on my body.
Quote Reply
Re: exterra pro vector 2 wetsuit question [Zoe's Dad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what about bouyancy compared to other wetsuits? that is my main concern.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I cannot tell you. It is the only one I have ever owned. It is a huge difference between nothing and the Vector. My IM swim, while not speedy, was very easy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey David:

The Vector Pro2 is manufactured using Yamamoto SCS Nano skin rubber. It is the most buoyant rubber available in triathlon wetsuits.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have additional questions.

all the best

Keith

Keith Simmons
OWNER
XTERRA WETSUITS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have swam in the Vortex (2004) and the Vector Pro 2 (2005) and I could tell a difference, but it had nothing to do with bouyancy. The Vector Pro 2 is extremely comfortable and offers great flexibilty. I, too, am not the greatest swimmer, so I need all the help I can get. Take Keith up on his offer to answer your questions, he's been in the wetsuit business a long time.

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Re: exterra pro vector 2 wetsuit question [Keith Simmons] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i have to remember triathelete magazine does not review everything correctly!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
very true.

The Xterra Wetsuits are really nice suits (FWIW - we sell them). The Vector 2 Pro is a full blown pro racing suit - I don't really recommend it to a less than expert swimmer and it is nice to have a training suit and a racing suit (like wheels) when you have the top of the line suits as they are more susceptible to damage (like on your weekday morning training swims when you don't need it). Spend the $100 bucks on a swim video session and it will be money better spent.

The Xterra Vortex is a bullet proof suit that sells well because it hits the durable - price - flexiblity spot. We sell lots of these to all levels of swimmers.

We have found the most bouyant suits are the QR suits since they are the only company that has a 5mm complete leg. This tends to help beginner swimmers the most as it puts you in the 'correct' position more easily with less forward movement (the faster you swim the more horizontal you get; beginners are not horizontal).

A good fitting suit will be colder than a great fitting suit. If you have two great fitting suits the thicker one will be warmer.

Ask your local places if they have a demo day/ rental (this may means staff's suit on the higher end) suit you can use.

John Teeters
866-508-4676
john@triumph-multisport.com
http://www.triumph-multisport.com

Quote Reply