Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Coeur D'Alene place to stay for Ironman
Quote | Reply
Hi...three "clean" and experienced Ironman competitors looking for a place to stay while in Coeur D'Alene for the week. From Thursday the 22nd to Wednesday the 28th of June. Need two beds. No kids or animals travelling with us. Will share in expenses. OR if you've got any good leads on a place, we would appreciate the help! thanks alot in advance...thenicetwin
Quote Reply
Re: Coeur D'Alene place to stay for Ironman [THENICETWIN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Pink Flamingo! Even has coin operated vibrating beds!! Really it was actually a nice "motel" and was on the main strip in town, so we could walk to everything!! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just booked a room 2 or 3 weeks ago and the pickin's were slim and expensive. If you can't find a place in CDA - you might want to try Spokane - it is real close. Looks like 20-30 min drive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you can't find a place in CDA, I would stay downtown Spokane if possible, some nice places to walk around.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you don't mind staying a bit out of town you might also look in Post Falls; it's between CDA and Spokane. For the 2003 race, I stayed at the Sleep Inn. Nothing extravagent, but a newer and very clean hotel. The owners are (were?) a great young couple that bent over backwards to cater to the triathletes (and there were a lot of us there). They had old sheets for bike cleaning, they changed the continental b-fast menu for the week to include more healthy choices, they opened b-fast at 4am on race day, they froze our race drinks the night before. Any crazy thing we asked for, they tried to accomodate. I believe that earlier the same year the PNF, Roch, Frey, etc. crew stayed there for a camp of some sort so they were used to the wild requirements of triathletes. Heck, they even provided a room for my daughter's 1 year birthday party and bought her a gift to boot - Very nice people.

As I recall, the rates were reasonable and it's only about a 10 minute drive to the race site. Close enough for easy access to everything, but far enough that you can escape the race hype and chill a bit. Depends what you like, but worth consideration.
Quote Reply
Re: Coeur D'Alene place to stay for Ironman [BK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or you can follow my route - I'm thinking of going old school and sleeping in the trunk of my Subaru Outback. I'm saving the big $ for Ironman Florida where I get to relax after the race in a friend's condo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello,

I am not sure if you have found a place yet, but I have two houses available. The first house is three miles from the start point, and it is located close to CostCo and Safeway. The house has two bedrooms and 1 ba.

The second house is roughly 7 miles from the start point. It is 4bd. 3 1/2Ba. This house is ideal for some pre-training, considering you have your own private dock, you are on the outskirts of town so you would be able to train biking and running without the interference of people.

Wireless internet are provided at both places and pets are ok.

Let me know if you are interested.

Kimberly

208-691-8979
zehira2@hotmail.com
Quote Reply