Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

P2C vs. Soloist Carbon
Quote | Reply
Any idea why the soloist costs $800 more (3200 vs 2400) for a frameset. The P2C looks like it would be harder to fabricate but costs a lot less.

"When I first had the opportunity to compete in triathlon, it was the chicks and their skimpy race clothing that drew me in. Everyone was so welcoming and the lifestyle so obviously narcissistic. I fed off of that vain energy. To me it is what the sport is all about."
Quote Reply
Re: P2C vs. Soloist Carbon [Tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm just guessing here, but I believe I've read that the P2C uses a "lower grade" of carbon? I believe there's some sort of difference in the carbon makeup between the bikes that accounts for the cost differential. I think the Soloist is supposed to be a really elite-level road bike. The P3C is the elite-level tri/tt bike. The P2C is the Chevrolet tri-bike. I guess I'm dating myself with that analogy. How about, it's designed to be the Honda Accord of tri-bikes.

Bob C.
Quote Reply
Re: P2C vs. Soloist Carbon [psycholist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are there parts spec differences that would account for some of it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If the P2C is the Honda Accord of tri-bikes, my Fuji must be the AMC Gremlin of bikes then.
Quote Reply
Re: P2C vs. Soloist Carbon [TBinMT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw the P3C, R3, and P2C in the shop today. That P2C is one nice looking bike (as are the others), and I'm not a Cervelo groupie. Wow.

Josef
-------
blog
Quote Reply
Re: P2C vs. Soloist Carbon [JoB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone ridden both bikes yet? Any thoughts on how the Soloist Carbon handles (in the forward position) vs. the P2C?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The P3C is the elite-level tri/tt bike. The P2C is the Chevrolet tri-bike. I guess I'm dating myself with that analogy. How about, it's designed to be the Honda Accord of tri-bikes.

Bob C.
I guess that puts my Dual in the realm of the Festiva.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: P2C vs. Soloist Carbon [sloloist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no, I haven't. i didn't even see a soloist carbon at the shop (IBC Boston).

Josef
-------
blog
Quote Reply
Re: P2C vs. Soloist Carbon [JoB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
R&A Cycles, Altheus and SBR in NYC area have some in stock in 54/56/58.

I took delivery of one this month, but have only put about 100ish miles on it so far (mostly in Central Park). My previous bike is an aluminim road bike, so for me...the ride somehow both plusher and more responsive.

I set it up in the forward position with Vision clip ons...and frankly, it'll be a while before I get comfy on my perineum...

I had been considering ordering the P2C and keeping the old road bike before being informed that 2 bikes in the apartment would not be permitted.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
" but I believe I've read that the P2C uses a "lower grade" of carbon? "

I was told this is a false statement.

Anyone?
Quote Reply
Re: P2C vs. Soloist Carbon [DualFual] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I guess that puts my Dual in the realm of the Festiva."

Not to worry, an almost stock Dual, won the women's World Duathlon Championships last year!

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply