Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cycling/Running In VA (Richmond) & SC
Quote | Reply
Hi there - I've been lurking for almost a year now, and have finally decided to join in!

I am going to move to the US (from UK) for 15 months to train full time, along with a part time job.

However, it is very difficult to choose a place! My dad lives in SW Richmond (right on the edge), and so I could save loads of cash, being a student, by living with him and my step-family.

There is an awesome pool there, but I don't know if it would be possible to do any serious amount of cycling due to the traffic. Are there any quite loops I could do (like 50miles or so) within a 15mile drive or so of the edge of town?

Are there any good runs? (off-road?)

I would also be tempted to live in Austin, TX, but having to rent a bedsit etc is costly + I wouldn't ever see my dad.

Another place could be SC - is it really suitable for year round training? Which town would you recommend there for a quiet pool + cycling?

Your advice is very valuable to me!

James
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling/Running In VA (Richmond) & SC [james406] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live in Chesapeake Va which is about 75 miles east of Richmond. I do not know a lot about the riding in and around Richmond, but I know there is an active Tri Club there. The Store http://www.threesports.com/

is there and they have been real helpful and could probably answer your questions about that area. Virginia has a lot of well run Tris.

Good luck!
Quote Reply