Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Triathletes who don't drink coffee [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No coffee or soft drink for me either. I drink maybe a hand full cups of coffee in a year. Want to save it for the energy boost at mile 13 of the run!!! :)
Quote Reply
Re: Triathletes who don't drink coffee [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you ain't drinking coffee, then you (everyone) has some other vice, but that's a bit off topic.

=====================================
"Yeah you point a finger back far enough and some germ gets blamed for splitting in two."

Colonel Saul Tigh from Battlestar Galactica
Quote Reply
Re: Triathletes who don't drink coffee [jedi_tri_guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No coffee, pop, or alcohol. Love the smell of coffee can't stand the taste. Plus since I do all my training in the evening I don't need to wake up super early in the morning.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathletes who don't drink coffee [KMS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No coffee at all, ever. Helps you "run and not be weary".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No coffee for me because I don't like the taste. I do like caffeine. I find one redbull a day to be perfect and it doesn't make me crash like soda does. I like some iced tea as well - Tejava is pretty good.

"And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country" JFK - Replace 'country' with the company you work for, friends, family, and strangers and the world will be a much better place.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathletes who don't drink coffee [iheartfestina] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hate to burst the coffee/dehydration myth bubble, but recent research indicates that caffeine is not the diuretic demon once though. One has to consume over 600 mg of caffeine before dehydration starts to kick in...

http://www.ific.org/foodinsight/2002/ja/caffdehydnbfi402.cfm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Me, TigerChik. Gave it up years ago after getting the shakes so bad I couldn't function. Became an herbal tea drinker and am now a huge fan of green tea. I have about three cups a day and feel that it has helped me shed about 10 lbs.

Joyce

-----------------------------------------------------
"If you hold on tight to what you think is your thing, you might find you're missing all the rest"

Dave Matthews
Quote Reply
Re: Triathletes who don't drink coffee [jedi_tri_guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well of course we all have our food / beverage vices...

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No coffee here. Never have, never will. Not interested. Stick with water, water with lemon, juice, or fruit smoothies i make.
Quote Reply

Prev Next