Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kurt Kinetic Trainers - Your Opinions...?
Quote | Reply
Hi. I'm new here, so be gentle with me. :)

I'm looking for your opinions/experiences with Kurt Kinetic trainers.

Are they as good as they look?
Have you had any problems with the trainers or accessories?
Would you recommend them?

Thanks.
redbiker.

http://www.planet-x-bikes.com/triathlon
Last edited by: redbiker: Jan 5, 06 6:06
Quote Reply
Re: Kurt Kinetic Trainers - Your Opinions...? [redbiker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I own 2..love them both (as much as you can love a trainer)

Kurt

http://www.pbmcoaching.com
USA Triathlon Level 3 Elite Coach
USA Cycling Level 1 Elite Coach

Quote Reply
Re: Kurt Kinetic Trainers - Your Opinions...? [trukweaz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I own two also.....whatever Kurt does I do :)

They are exceptionally smooth and stable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I only have one and it is the only one that I have had. It is now 3 yrs old and I have nothing but good things to say about it. I abuse it, using it as a bike wash stand and still no problems.

Larry

Don't be afraid to ride too long or too hard. That's what cell phones are for. Rich Strauss
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
recommend 100%, unless you're into doing big gear work on the trainer - I can't get resistance quite high enough at low rpm's. Other than that, definite buy. I paid $250 for it on Ebay (I think at the 1upUSA store).

Josef
-------
blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We've sold quite number of them and use them here in the store and have had good experiences. Not a single defect or problem. Recommended.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Highly recommend. I love mine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i bought one last month (my first) and have no complaints....was easy to set up and delivers as promised.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also very pleased with mine.

I'll throw in one minor complaint for objectivity, however. The mechanism used to tighten resistence - i.e. bring the roller/flywheel in close contact with the tire, could use some improvement - my bolt stripped after just a year and a half of moderate use. (Not sure how this compares to the 1-Up unit, which is also highly thought of around these parts)

That being said, upon contact Kurt Kinetic immediately sent me a new bolt. They provide top-notch customer service!! I'd buy another in a heartbeat.....

Dan DeMaio
---------------------------------------------------------
Life is like riding a bicycle.
To keep your balance you must keep moving.
- Albert Einstein
Quote Reply
Re: Kurt Kinetic Trainers - Your Opinions...? [tryemdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thankyou everyone, that's a thumbs up then. :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello

I hear really good things about them. However I would recommend a TACX Flow trainer. Got one. Gives me everything I need. Speed Distance Watts incline, Cal burned. I just hate getting off the trainer and think ok thats a hour or 2 and not know what I have done other than HR.
Quote Reply
Re: Kurt Kinetic Trainers - Your Opinions...? [cxracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks,

I already have a Powertap hub so getting training data isn't a problem. I have heard the Tacx is a good option though.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good trainers.

I own the Road Machine purchased from Tom Demerley off this site. I've also used a Cyclops fluid trainer and I like the Road Machine a little better. Both are great, quiet, easy to use and set up. Read the manual, make sure your tires are clean, properly inflated and that the spindle or whatever it is called is clean and you won't have any problem.

You can't go wrong with buying this trainer, and buy it from Tom for the best deal you'll find anywhere online or otherwise.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had the Road Machine for one year. Nice piece of equipment. The only minor complaint is that it doesn't seem as stable as the Performance Travel Trac trainer I was using. I get a bit of a vibration transmitted from the Kurt through my bike. The trainer sits on a hard surface (wood board). Wonder if anyone else has experienced this.
Quote Reply
Re: Kurt Kinetic Trainers - Your Opinions...? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with Tom.

I loath indoor bike training, but if you live where you get a real winter, it's almost a necessity. I have used a few different trainers over the years and recently tried out a Kurt Kinetic, and I must say that it's the best indoor trainer that I have ever been on. Very smooth. Very quiet and it does an outstanding job of simulating what it feels like out riding on the road.

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Kurt Kinetic Trainers - Your Opinions...? [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got this trainer from Tom's shop and really like it. For me is a necessity with a baby in the house so it allows me to be multitasking most of the time. My wife have sat to watch Tv while i'm on the trainer a couple of times and never had an issue with the noise nor she had to raise the volume. The feel while on the bike is very good and setting it up is quite fast plus loading, unloading the bike takes all of 15 sec.

Peace

Team Aquaphor 06-08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Newbie

I've had KK for 4 years. LOVE it!!! No problems.

Prior to that I had a Blackburn mag trainer. It sucked by comparison.
Quote Reply