Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Aero Helmets
Quote | Reply
I was thinking about getting the Louis Garneau Chrono helmet, is it worth it?

Proud Founder of the Jamis Mafia- Daring to be different.
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Helmets [House] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just bought a Rudt Project Syton and took it out yesterday for a long ride and noticed two things; very light and comfortable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am surprised there has only been one response considering the 200+ response threads about the type of shoelaces to wear.

ANy other thoughts on aero helmets?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]I was thinking about getting the Louis Garneau Chrono helmet, is it worth it?[/reply]

Just put clear packing tape over your vent holes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just picked up a Louis Garneau Rocket helmet on a closeout. Haven't used it yet. Looks aero ... but super dorky. But I guess that's a ship that's already sailed, anyway.

Bob C.
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Helmets [trianimal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
[reply]I was thinking about getting the Louis Garneau Chrono helmet, is it worth it?[/reply]

Just put clear packing tape over your vent holes.

My motto: if air goes through it, cover it (applies to helmet and rear wheel)

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I was thinking about getting the Louis Garneau Chrono helmet, is it worth it?"
Depends, what's your annual income and expenses?
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Helmets [asgelle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Found it on sale for an excellent price.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since you seemed so upset about not getting any replies, yes the Chrono is worth it. I raced last season in an LG Rocket and found it to be an excellent addition. It is definitively faster than riding a non-aero helmet. It is also superior to the old "tape your vents" trick. Most people are surprised to hear (and often resistant to the idea) that an aero helmet is equivalent to buying a disc-wheel, because, well conceptually it seems wrong and perhaps it is too cheap. ;) But an aero helmet is going to give you a large aero benefit at minimal cost. The LG Rocket will be faster than the Chrono, especially if you are low enough that it fits neatly along your back.

Of all the speed you can buy, this is where I would spend my money first.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
search the cycling news archives... there is a study in there that demonstrates the aerodynamic savings of various accessories. i believe number one on the list in terms of wattage savings and thus greatest time drop was an aero lid. FWIW i ride with a rocket TT, but like rappstar said, this is only beneficial if you are able to maintain a low fit

good luck amigo

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply