Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Compression shorts
Quote | Reply
Hi folks,

Any suggestions on compression shorts? I am having a little bit of a hip/glute tightness and wonder if a bit more "snug" in this region will help.

I read a lot about the Oomph! shorts (Lava and Kilauea) -- sound great, but the price is intimidating! Are they really worth it, and are there other options out there? Oomph! sound like "Cadillac" of the tri-sport shorts; it would be great, but I'm not sure if I can justify that at this time.

Thanks! -- Ray
Last edited by: toj: Jan 2, 06 11:09
Quote Reply
Re: Compression shorts [toj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used to be the apparel buyer for a running store that also stocked tri-shorts. Carried at one time or another: DeSoto, Zoot, TYR, HIND, PearlIzumi, Garneau, Speedo, InSport, Cannondale, and Sugoi. I personally never tried the Sugoi power short but heard positive feedback. Personally speaking, I'm a big fan of the DeSoto Power TriShort. I did IMFL in a pair and could noticably feel the hamstring support during the death march...err I mean the run.

Shorts are similar to shoes, it's gonna take a little trial and error to see which cut is best for your body. Some have seams that may chafe even though it's a top of the line product.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: Compression shorts [Martin C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What kind are you looking for at the store? I realize that the Oomph! may be top of the line for a long-distance tri, but I just need something with GOOD SUPPORT to get me through the winter and over this little strain or whatever it is.

Maybe if similar (though lower quality) shorts do the trick, I'll consider dropping the bucks on some really good ones come race season.

What about Under Armor or Brooks, adidas, etc.

Thanks for any feedback -- Ray
Quote Reply
Re: Compression shorts [toj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a similiar issue a few years ago. if you want the cheap and easy shorts hit Wal-Mart. Yes, I said Wal-Mart. In the sports section they will have compression shorts with the softball gear or very close by. They worked wonders for me. I have two pair that I have used off and on for app. 4 years. You can wear them under running shorts or cycling shorts. I never had any issues with chaffing.

Ron
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]