Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Vineman under water...
Quote | Reply
For those of you familiar with the Vineman course, the pix at http://www1.pressdemocrat.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Site=SR&Date=20060101&Category=PHOTO03&ArtNo=101001&Ref=PH&Params=Itemnr=1 might be interesting. Basically the whole town of Guerneville is under water and it is raining again right now. Also the run course is under water from Starr Road to Mark West Station. You may remember the sharp left turn and they the short steep climb near an apple orchard...it is now under 3-5 feet of water. Should make for a nice growing season come spring and summer!

Tough to find a place to ride around here right now...
Quote Reply
Re: Vineman under water... [TriMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was just talking about that w/ my wife this morning. I wondered whether the swim start area was flooded out. Um, looks like it, and another several hundred yards beyond that!

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Re: Vineman under water... [Aztec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The swim start area (Johnson's Beach) is probably under 20 feet of water right now. I recall seeing debris 20' up some of the trees back in the '96 flood which was about as bad as this one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
20'!!!

Wow, I thought the flooding in parts of Marin were bad. Ha.

At least that river is now as wide as it SHOULD be to host a decent swim!!! ;-)

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's a shot of downtown Guerneville, which is right out of T1

Damn it's not working

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Last edited by: ShawnF: Jan 1, 06 16:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
for that towns sake, i really hope you guys don't get sub zero temperatures

------------------------------------------------------------------
"The aspect of sport that you learn is that you have your good times and your bad times, but you share it with great people." - George Gregan

Quote Reply
Re: Vineman under water... [Ted McGregor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
imagine that- so much water in the russian river that your hand wouldn't scrape the bottom!

don't just do something..... sit there
Quote Reply
Re: Vineman under water... [sp in az] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ssshhhh! That's my secret to swimming faster at vineman!

"And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country" JFK - Replace 'country' with the company you work for, friends, family, and strangers and the world will be a much better place.
Quote Reply