Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Awesome [Poorsch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I still don't understand how Ironman Magazine founded in 1937 doesn't trump all other claims by over 40 years of continous publication for that name. They could easily demonstrate usage of the name.
Quote Reply
Re: Awesome [G-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I fully expect someone in the iron ore country of northern Minnesota to discover a 1925 copy of their union newspaper call the "Ironmman". And all hell breaks loose.

Is there a public-domain issue? Isn't the magazine Iron Man?

Jim
Quote Reply
Re: The "ironman" name. A reply to Fleck. [vivie1072] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
[reply]
Geez, the drama.. we're not curing cancer out there.

I think sometimes we take this whole swim/bike/run thing a little too seriously and place a little too much value on our sport.[/reply]

putting things into perspective.... you got a point!

Interesting. I happen to think that if we could get language to represent reality on a 1 to 1 basis it would be a bigger deal than curing cancer.

To avoid making this thread Lavender Room material, PM me if you're actually interested in hearing more.
Last edited by: caleb: Dec 23, 05 14:53
Quote Reply
Re: The "ironman" name. A reply to Fleck. [Brent F] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe the comic book company licenses the use of Ironman to the "triathlon company" and the "muscle mag".

I agree with the original poster. They are all Ironmans, regardless of whether they have the mdot on them or not.

It would be funny if Quelle Challenge Roth, or some really disgruntled trademark gazillionaire triathlete somehow bought out Marvel comics and then managed to shut down the WTC deal that allows WTC to use the brand from the comic book company :-)
Quote Reply

Prev Next