Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Critique My Position [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Went to the Vet today, bad bad bad...no good news at all.

Well I was going to resize the earlier image and add some sarcastic comment about 'just saying no to crack' or some other silly witicism, but now I just feel kind of crappy for wanting to poke fun at Chip. So while there is not much that I can do to help, I will offer good thoughts and good cheer.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
:(

(((((((((((((((RECORD))))))))))))))))))))
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Make sure you spend as much time with her as you can. You're her only comfort at this point.

-----------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sorry man - my heart goes out to you
Quote Reply
Re: Critique My Position (OT about my dog) [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chip your baby is beautiful, she is so lucky to have you as a dad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Be strong. Knowing when she is suffering and having the strength to do what is necessary to prevent that suffering is your greatest obligation at this point. I admire your devotion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so sorry to hear that. i went through this with my 6 year old lab a few years ago and it was awful. just don't let her suffer too much and keep dong what you are doing.

...just don't take it out on any bike-hating rednecks... :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chip,

I feel for you. We have two dogs that I can not imagine being without, let alone knowing it is only a matter of time. Can't really say much to try to help cheer you up as I know exactly how you feel.

Pete
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, I check your post every day.

Bob

Train safe & smart
Bob

Last edited by: Longboarder: Dec 21, 05 23:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[Oldie but definitely goodie]

Think it's part of what a lot of us think about our dogs and cats!!!

RULES FOR NON-PET OWNERS WHO VISIT AND LIKE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT OUR PETS:

1. They live here. You don't.

2. If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture.

(That's why they call it "fur"niture.)

3. I like my pets a lot better than most people.

4. To you, it's an animal. To me, he/she is an adopted son/daughter who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly.

5. Dogs and cats are better than kids. They eat less, don't ask for money all the time, are easier to train, usually come when called, never drive your car, don't hang out with drug-using friends, don't smoke or drink, don't worry about having to buy the latest fashions, don't wear your clothes, and don't need a gazillion dollars for college -- and if they get pregnant, you can sell the children.

Sincerely,

Your owner

John

Jay
Quote Reply
Re: Critique My Position (OT about my dog) [Jay Rideout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well...she likes Pizza! She wont eat any real dog food, nor drink water (loves skim milk though)...All I can do is spoil her until I cant spoil her any more.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How's your dog doing?
Quote Reply
Re: Critique My Position (OT about my dog) [tootall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for asking. I met with the vet today, with out Cheyanne. She has stopped eating. I get her the best cuts of meat and have to cut it into pea size pieces for her to eat, then she often vomits. The vet said that there are meds that will enable her to more easily tolerate food for a while - I chose to not get them. She deserves better than that. She deserves better than IV's, forced food, pills, and forced anything. At this point I am her hero, her love and she fears nothing that I ever do, I am her pride and joy, as is she mine. Some time next week I am going to have to take her in to the vet and she will not leave with me. It hurts me more than I can stand that I am loosing something that means so much to me. I found her as a puppy - she broke my heart then - and yet again. I have a living thing, if I could sell my house, and all that I have to make her all better then I would. There however is nothing that I can do this time, it is in the hands of god. I think that I need to have her go to heaven before she suffers in this life, as much as I love her to be here, I love more that she has had a wonderful and free life. She has never ever been hit, does not fear a raised hand nor a rolled news paper. She loves the word "treat" and "dog park".

I hug her often and pet her even more. She is now sleeping on the sofa she is not allowed on. I will miss her more than anything - I am a proud father...and I am loosing my love.

People who are not "dog" people will not understand.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chip, I am truly sorry to hear about your puppy. This week will be a hard week, and the following week will not be much easier, but it will get better in time.

I had more than two years to prepare for the day when my companion of 15 years needed me the most, and it didn't help one bit. He was a stray, dumped in the country along with his sister when they were between 6-10 months old. I took him home and called him Hobo. That dog stole every girlfriend I had from that point on. After 4 years in Ohio, we moved to Salt Lake. It was paradise for him as we lived on the edge of the foothills, and had whole mountains to hike at the end of our street, He saw me through my first marriage and divorce. He moved with me to New Jersey for my second marriage.

He has been gone for a year and a half now. I have his ashes. I intended to bury them in the rose ring I made for my wife. But his box still sits in the home office, a little ways behind me.

Trust me, there are a lot of people who understand what you and your dog are going through.

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry man, I've been there too and there's nothing like it. Best to you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very sorry to hear that Chip. Hang in there and get a few more pictures of her happy before you have to let go. Then mourn properly for youself and remember how happy her life was.

Kevin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey guy.

I hope all will be well soon. I am a "dog person" too and can certainly relate to what you're going thru. I've been a lurker for some time now and this was one of the posts that really egged me to respond.

I have a 13 year old Norwegian Elkhound that is also showing signs of going "home" soon. It saddens me to see him slowly get weaker and weaker everyday. But we've had so much fun doing things together that it has really been an experience - runs, bikes, hikes, etc. I'm just happy my son got to know "Tim" and is even getting the chance to play with him outside in the snow. He seems very protective of my son and follows him around the yard. He goes after squirrels and charges when our neighbor tries to talk to my kid. Pretty good and reliable dog. He is now the resident of our family room and has taken over our sofa there. Needless to say, we can now start a sweater factory. He seems to be shedding more than the usual stuff.

Anyway, I too will have to walk down that road sometime soon. And it will be one I will dread eventually.

It'll be ok.
Quote Reply

Prev Next