Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Where is aero data on Canyon Speedmax?
Quote | Reply
Per the poll a few months ago Canyon is the new foxy bike. I think it looks great because of the parallel downtube and seat stays. I had never really looked at it until now because of US availibility.

It would seem that a Speedmax 7.0 is a better base platform bike than a P2 given its OE spec, and priced $300 less than the P2. Noticable upgrades to the P2 are better wheels, tires, base bar, frame storage, and $300 less.

I have always liked the idea of starting with a P2 and upgrading wheels and PM and have a great bike for under 4K. I am just wondering if Canyon has aero data that is out there. I see the tour test but are there any others?

I did some google fu and I cannot find anything else other than the tour magazine test vs the P5. Also is the Speedmax UCI legal?
Last edited by: endosch2: Feb 23, 18 12:55
Quote Reply
Re: Where is aero data on Canyon Speedmax? [endosch2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you’re considering all those upgrades forget the canyon and get the Tactical, which survived the infamous tunnel test.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
endosch2 wrote:
I did some google fu and I cannot find anything else other than the tour magazine test vs the P5. Also is the Speedmax UCI legal?
Which test was that?
Yes it is, both models are.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2015, 2016 & 2017 men ironman world champion bike is a pretty good testament. Yes it's UCI legal Katusha and Movistar ride them in the pro tour.
Quote Reply
Re: Where is aero data on Canyon Speedmax? [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
2015, 2016 & 2017 men ironman world champion bike is a pretty good testament.

Ehhh.... careful with that logic. I don’t hear anyone going around claiming Sander’s Louis Garneau is a lightning fast bike.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Where is aero data on Canyon Speedmax? [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EnderWiggan wrote:
If you’re considering all those upgrades forget the canyon and get the Tactical, which survived the infamous tunnel test.

I dont consider a crank based power meter and a set of Hed wheels "all those" upgrades. The stupid thing is to pay $1000s more for Ultegra and fancier brakes, but still have throw away wheels and no power meter for training.
Quote Reply
Re: Where is aero data on Canyon Speedmax? [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's my point. I think everyone is so obsessed with aero data so I'm just emphasising it must be an ok bike compared to the rest.
Quote Reply
Re: Where is aero data on Canyon Speedmax? [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Throw a brick hard enough it'll go fast.
IOW the engine moved these bikes pretty fast.
If Lionel was on a different ride it's quite possible the outcome of IMH would have been different

If I were pegging the Speedmax on where it is, and remember the aero eyeball isn't the best, I'd say it's P5-6 (probably a P4 as well) > Speedmax > places 4-6 in this paper

I do find it interesting that so many people are fawning over this bike with zero aero data vs slamming other bikes that have zero aero data.

If it was me I'd just but a Premier tactical and call it good but each his own. In fact if I screwed up my frame while moving the rear brake & shifting wires behind the head tube on my Plasma 3 (had to drill the frame) that's what I was going to do.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
endosch2 wrote:

It would seem that a Speedmax 7.0 is a better base platform bike than a P2 given its OE spec, and priced $300 less than the P2. Noticable upgrades to the P2 are better wheels, tires, base bar, frame storage, and $300 less.

Just to clarify, the SLX models are the only ones that come with frame storage for your spare/CO2. The CF models do not have that. I have the CF 8.0 Di2 and am very happy with it. I use liquid nutrition on the bike so I plan to keep my spare/CO2 in the 'bento' box.
Quote Reply