Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Testing FTP on Neo without PM
Quote | Reply
Is it possible for me to get a reliable test 'marker' on the Tacx Neo without an actual PM on my bike. Basically, I am wondering if I can do an FTP test, and get a number/data without an actual PM on my bike. Isn't there "Virtual power" on the Neo? Preferably, I would do the FTP test on Trainerroad.

Thank you in advance.
Last edited by: p3: Feb 8, 18 7:05
Quote Reply
Re: Testing FTP on Neo with PM [p3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My understanding is that a Neo is about as accurate as possible, but will show slightly lower power numbers due to measuring at the wheel after all the drive train loses have occurred.

Ken

"the trick is to keep losing weight until your friends and family ask you if you've been sick. then you know you're within 10 pounds. if they start whispering to each other, wondering if you've got cancer or aids, you're within 5. when they actually do an intervention, you're at race weight." - Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Testing FTP on Neo without PM [p3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you get a reliable number from the NEO or even the Flux... yes... will the number be useful in training... absolutely... will the number be useful for pacing races... Nope...

The advantage of using your bike's PM, if you have one, while doing FTP tests on the trainer is that you are measuring the value from the same tool that you are measuring non trainer rides from... Without a PM on your bike. You can still derive a solid number from a DD trainer... but it's only really useful when training on the trainer...

That's not a bad thing, but it is something to keep in mind.
Quote Reply
Re: Testing FTP on Neo without PM [Trauma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got it. Good stuff, Thanks guys!
Quote Reply
Re: Testing FTP on Neo with PM [redtdi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Neo power meter tracks very accurately to my SRM. You can trust it.
Quote Reply
Re: Testing FTP on Neo with PM [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
The Neo power meter tracks very accurately to my SRM. You can trust it.

The Neo tracks within 1-2W of my Garmin Vectors. No issues here trusting the Neo power numbers.
Quote Reply