Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Recommend some good BT workout headphones/earbuds/etc?
Quote | Reply
Can anyone recommend a set that aren't garbage? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend some good BT workout headphones/earbuds/etc? [Learn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just get cheap Chinese ones from Amazon. Had sets from Beltron, Mpow and Taotronics. They work just fine, I had one set that had very poor battery life after a couple of months and the seller just replaced them. The Taotronics ones lasted a good 18 months before I left them in a hotel room.

I find the quality good enough that I don't see any point in spending more money on something which gets chucked into gym bags and soaked with sweat on a regular basis.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend some good BT workout headphones/earbuds/etc? [Learn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have Bose, Beats, plantronics, blue ant, jaybirds, and a bunch of cheap ones. I’d agree with the other poster: get some mPow earbuds and the sound is good enough, price is cheap and they last fairly well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When would you be wearing them?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Absolutely love my jaybird x3's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trekz titanium. Bone-conduction.

i use these for all my trainer workouts and they are great. (totally sweat proof as well)
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend some good BT workout headphones/earbuds/etc? [RCCo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Like others, I don't see much point in spending big money on something you just sweat on.

These work well enough for watching Netflix or Youtube. No need to worry about killing them with sweat or by flinging them across the room after a tough trainer session - just buy a new pair! Battery life seems pretty good too.

-----
http://www.howesgreg.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a pair of the expensive Dr. Dre headphones, and they were sick, sound quality was awsome!
But after sweating all over them on the turbo, they bit the dust rather quickly. Needless to say, not overly impressed.

I go for the cheapest ones I can get off amazon, last ones lasted a year before I somehow broke off one of the ear buds, just picked up a different brand for $15 shipped, and although it's not unbelievably good sound, I'm not concerned about quality when I'm in the middle of a hard turbo ride. As long as it's loud and not crapppy quality, it's good enough for me!

Ask me how much I love my Kiwami LD Aero Trisuit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jay Bird X3's. I've easily had mine 2 years now (maybe 3, I can't remember) and I run 3-4 times a week on average. There is some recommended ear cushions that I use with them (search on ST) and that keeps them from slipping. I don't baby these, but I do make sure to put them in their hard case after each workout.

Now that I've posted, I'm sure I've jinxed them and will need to order a replacement set when these spectacularly fail in a cloud of smoke and sparks during my run this afternoon.... Amazon has these on sale right now BTW.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend some good BT workout headphones/earbuds/etc? [Kentcart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jaybird X3's died on me rather quickly. The Jaybird Run are awesome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have these:

https://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-BackBeat-Wireless-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B074WC5W3Y/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1518111898&sr=8-3&keywords=plantronics+bluetooth+headphones

I mainly use them on the treadmill in the gym. Really like them, they're very comfortable while running and provide decent sound.

Last edited by: TheND: Feb 8, 18 9:46
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend some good BT workout headphones/earbuds/etc? [cartsman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 on the Taotronics. My wife has used these nearly everyday for the past 2 years and they're still going strong. They are also only $25 bucks on amazon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AirPods. Love them. Sweat on them ...run,bike, don’t fall out. Long battery life. Easy to sync...plus they’re loud enough and also let some ambient noise in to allow you hear what’s around you.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend some good BT workout headphones/earbuds/etc? [RCCo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a set of the Trekz Titanium as well. Absolutely love them. Great for running around the city as you can still hear what's going on around you.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend some good BT workout headphones/earbuds/etc? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the gym and on a treadmill.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Decibullz. You heat the ear bud to custom fit it to your ear - they don't fall out. Sound is average, but they are durable and made for activity.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RCCo wrote:

i use these for all my trainer workouts and they are great. (totally sweat proof as well)

bingo. i love mine.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RCCo wrote:

What's beautiful about the bone conduction is that they don't block your ears, so you still have the option of peripheral hearing.

Or that's terrible, depending on your gym/environment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve tried many.
AirPods are the best without a doubt.
Just need a silicone cover on It ($6 at Amazon) and never fall out and never run out of battery in my workouts if u don’t forget to charge them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the plantronics backbeat fit. they work well, 5-6 hours of battery change and decent sound. They allow in ambient sounds which is key when I run with them. Much better than the Jaybirds that died on me after a month or two. I also tried the scosh brand too based on a someone's review. They fall out of my ears and sound flat.

Brian
“Eat and Drink, spin the legs and you’re going to effin push (today).” A Howe
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yep, for sure:
it’s the mpow cheetah.
actually the only one that works for me, and i tried a lot of different ones. never fell off my head, sound is ok, price is decent. got a metal clip inside, i broke one side of the plastic, so i know 😲. glued it back together about a year ago, still fine. been using it for about 5 workouts per week, summing up to some x,000 times over the last years.
be sure to find the old cheetah, not the successor (mpow sport) the new one is not as good.
hope i could help.
and , if you’ve got them: keep on rocking in the free world!

cheers, danny
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend some good BT workout headphones/earbuds/etc? [danny_t] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bought the Mpow Cheetah as well as the 059... to have a set for running / riding on the trainer, and the 059 for use with my laptop.

A long time ago I had Jabra Sport Wireless headphones which sounded awesome but only worked for a few weeks before they would die on me. I got 4 or 5 pairs (they always got replaced under warranty) until I gave up. Got some cheap ones that worked better but eventually also died (I think they were also Taotronics...)... hopefully these are better.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend some good BT workout headphones/earbuds/etc? [TriBri00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriBri00 wrote:
I use the plantronics backbeat fit. they work well, 5-6 hours of battery change and decent sound. They allow in ambient sounds which is key when I run with them. Much better than the Jaybirds that died on me after a month or two. I also tried the scosh brand too based on a someone's review. They fall out of my ears and sound flat.

I use those on the treadmill as well
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend some good BT workout headphones/earbuds/etc? [cartsman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went with TaoTronics. Will give an update based on how they go.
Quote Reply