Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Critique my fit!
Quote | Reply
OK ST, fire away. I've been racing oly/sprint for a few years and I'm racing my first 70.3 this summer. This is a pretty comfortable position that I think I can hold for several hours. I wear an aero road helmet (Bolle The One) because I tend to keep my head down a lot. Anything glaring jump out?

ETA: I was professionally fit by a reputable local fitter when I bought the bike a few years ago. I've made some tweaks and this is as low as I can get the front end with stock parts.

Last edited by: Dgconner154: Feb 6, 18 8:27
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my fit! [Dgconner154] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try a longer stem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good starting point.
Agree that a longer stem might help--you appear slightly hunched over and the more you can straighten that out, better. I hate to say it, but your seat might be a bit high--you're toe pointing a bit at bottom dead center. It's not horrible but you could play around with lowering your seat a cm and see if it still feels ok or better.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is tough. But it's tougher when you're stupid. -John Wayne
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my fit! [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
Try a longer stem.

+1 you need more reach.
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my fit! [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
jimatbeyond wrote:
Try a longer stem.

+1 you need more reach.

Thanks for the feedback. Dumb question - I can get my pads and extensions more forward without changing the stem. Does that accomplish the same thing or is there a specific reason to go with a longer stem?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How do we make this an auto reply to "critique my fit" threads?

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same thing. Try the pads first. As for your toe pointing That may or may not be a sign that your seat needs to be lower. No matter how low my seat is that is how I naturally ride so I have to adjust for that and take that into consideration for my knee angle when doing a fit. Just something to keep in mind.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Update: dropped seat about a cm and moved pads as far forward as I can without taking the whole front end apart (about 2.25 cm).

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dgconner154 wrote:
...without taking the whole front end apart....

you need to take the whole front end apart.

you are NOT as low as you can go... remove the bearing cover or get a longer -17 stem or both

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my fit! [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your changes definitely helped but you could still be lower and longer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dgconner154 wrote:
OK ST, fire away. I've been racing oly/sprint for a few years and I'm racing my first 70.3 this summer. This is a pretty comfortable position that I think I can hold for several hours. I wear an aero road helmet (Bolle The One) because I tend to keep my head down a lot. Anything glaring jump out?

ETA: I was professionally fit by a reputable local fitter when I bought the bike a few years ago. I've made some tweaks and this is as low as I can get the front end with stock parts.

[/url]]

I think you look more comfortable and stable in video 1.

How does it feel with the change, better or worse? If you were fit by a pro, and it felt good, just keep it and don't post advice on a "look". Take your comfort, and position and roll with it.
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my fit! [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
littlefoot wrote:

I think you look more comfortable and stable in video 1.

How does it feel with the change, better or worse? If you were fit by a pro, and it felt good, just keep it and don't post advice on a "look". Take your comfort, and position and roll with it.

Not sure yet, I only rode long enough to get the video ;) But it didn't feel drastically different. I'm OK sacrificing a little comfort in the short term for a faster position in the long term.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Your crank is too long.
Your stem is too short.
Your seat is too high.
Your spacers are too plentiful.
Or you could be perfect.
Last edited by: FindinFreestyle: Feb 6, 18 17:37
Quote Reply