Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

11spd Tri Bike on 10spd Kickr Cassette: do or don't ?
Quote | Reply
I just bought a new tri-bike with a 11 speed set-up and I was wondering if I could use it on my Wahoo Kickr which has a 10speed cassette. The shifting would be kept to the minimum.

I would assume and read that it should work except for the top and lowest gears. But has anyone tried?

And last questions, would it potentially be bad for the chain? Or rear-derailleur?

Thanks a lot !
Nick
Quote Reply
Re: 11spd Tri Bike on 10spd Kickr Cassette: do or don't ? [IronNico] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There a thread here I think under Dark Mark. You buy an 11 speed shimano cassette and take 1 cog out, swap a spacer. And while u only have 10 years its the 11 spacing. Works perfect! And u don’t need all those gears anyway on an electronic trainer. Easy!
Quote Reply
Re: 11spd Tri Bike on 10spd Kickr Cassette: do or don't ? [IronNico] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
or... just buy a cheap 11 sp cassette and put it on the kickr. you can get a 5800 105 cassette new for under $40.
Quote Reply
Re: 11spd Tri Bike on 10spd Kickr Cassette: do or don't ? [tfleeger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cost isn't really the problem there...

I have a TT bike (10speed) on the trainer all-year round but coming close to race day, I'd like to put the new one (11speed) on it once in a while without having to swap the cassette everytime...
Last edited by: IronNico: Jan 30, 18 7:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it literally takes under a minute to change a cassette on a kickr. whatevs, it probably wont hurt anything, just be annoying as hell to use a 10sp cassette with an 11sp drive.
Quote Reply