Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Anyone receive a death threat for running? [Kentucky Mac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Post his mug shot in this thread as soon as it's available.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone receive a death threat for running? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
RangerGress wrote:
Go spend some time in New Jersey. Resolve not to go home until a teenager politely addresses you as "sir". Thousands of years from now Archaeologists will be picking thru your bones. And they'll be in Jersey.

Oh, here we go

Nope, I'm NOT gonna let you trigger me, not this time
<g>

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone receive a death threat for running? [nickwisconsin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was on my daily commute home on my bike when I was overtaken by a bus. I was going along at a fair old pace so when the bus indicated to pull in at a stop, I overtook it. The bus then overtook me again and a passenger on the back seat was making hand signals to indicate I was a wanker. I made a hand signal back that he should get off the bus. At the next bus stop he did just that and I laid my bike down on the grass verge and walked towards him ready to have a ‘straightner’.
Turns out he was mentally challenged, so I stood there and let him verbally abuse me and throw a bottle of coke over me. I actually felt quite glad of the distance between us when he got off the bus as it gave me the necessary time to re-avaluate the situation.
Learning points; Not really sure, just sharing my story.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone receive a death threat for running? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A few years back on Thanksgiving I decided to take a quick run with the dog through the neighborhood before the family arrived. About a mile into the run some guy was standing in his front yard with his dog, not on a leash. Well this stupid little yipping dog starting chasing us, I pick up the pace with my dog for fear the dogs will get into a fight. Stupid little dog keeps running after us, my lab is barking like a crazy dog and I'm trying to pull her down the street. I can hear the guy yelling stop m'fer, stop blank blank blank. I didn't want to stop because a dog fight would ensue and I didn't want his stupid little dog to get bit. Finally, I stop and stand in front of my dog while the little yipper is barking at me. Guy finally catches up, picks up his dog and starts to lay into me. I told you to stop blankity blank, you m f'er I should kick your arss. I replied with go ahead (I'm pretty sure my reply didn't help the situation). He kept throwing out the curse words. I suggested next time he put a leash on his dog, he threw out more expletives and said go run in your own f'ing neighborhood. Which I said I was running in my neighborhood. After listening to this guy go on and on how is going to kick my arss I just turned around and started running. He was a lot bigger than me and would have gave me a good beating, I think he has moved since then.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone receive a death threat for running? [Parkland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Parkland wrote:
I had a guy run off his porch out to the road because I squirted his dog with my water bottle. I was inside the city limits and his dog was not on a tether or leash. He threatened me, not to the extent to stated, and to call the cops. I told him to go ahead and call the cops and that I would be happy to wait so they could inform him of the leash laws and that squirting a dog with water in self defense is not a fineable offense. He eventually corralled his dog and went back to his porch.There are some people out there just looking for trouble. Sorry to hear about your encounter with craziness.
in that situation, you did good. me, i would have advised the guy to restrain his dog, and that if i had to do anything to the dog itself to protect myself, then i was coming after him next.
Quote Reply

Prev Next