Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any have any experience with Wilier Road Bikes (Cento10 air)?
Quote | Reply
Looking at some options on a new road bike and the Wilier Cento10air (disc) seems like a viable option.
Anyone ride one?
Is the geometry more along the lines of Treks H1? I'm coming off a older Cervelo S2 which is more along the line of Treks H2 fit. Canyon Aeroad geo looks to be too aggressive for me in my older age and the Wilier looks to be even more aggressive than the Aeroad.
Quote Reply
Re: Any have any experience with Wilier Road Bikes (Cento10 air)? [MKirk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the bike you seek.
https://www.wilier.com/...orld/road/cento10ndr

I will finish building one tomorrow and can give you some feedback after a quick test ride.
Quote Reply
Re: Any have any experience with Wilier Road Bikes (Cento10 air)? [MKirk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I LOVE Wilier bikes. Long heritage in the Tour de France (see Marco Pantani) and World Championship pedigree wins.

I'm still on the original Cento1 (101st year of Wililer that started in 1906 - Italy's oldest bike manufacturer I believe) that Allasandro Ballan won worlds on the year before. I've probably done 250 races on it by now (12 years) and it is now my "B" race bike and/or rain bike. Current race bike a Boardman with SRAM eTap for a couple of years only because I wanted something different, but I should have just got another Wilier ;-) The bike is unique in that it is plenty stiff for racing, yet comfortable for 100+ mile rides. I find most modern bikes now "too stiff" (which was not the case years ago). They have great geometry for handling IMHO.

See my profile for a photo.

Remember, these are RACING bikes so their geometry is going to reflect that. If you just want a comfortable bike to do Grand Fondos on, there are models for that.

Last edited by: rroof: Jan 29, 18 15:17
Quote Reply
Re: Any have any experience with Wilier Road Bikes (Cento10 air)? [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Italy's oldest bike manufacturer is Bianchi, not wilier.

But yes, wilier bikes are fine. They have a nice history. The name is actually an abbreviation of 'viva l'italia liberata e redenata' - long live italy, liberated and redeemed

Aesthetics arent for me but ymmv.
Quote Reply
Re: Any have any experience with Wilier Road Bikes (Cento10 air)? [lyrrad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lyrrad wrote:
This is the bike you seek.
https://www.wilier.com/...orld/road/cento10ndr

I will finish building one tomorrow and can give you some feedback after a quick test ride.

I look forward to what review you can provide. I actually have a Wilier dealer not too far from me, but since it's a small shop, I'm going to assume they probably don't have many (if any) bikes in stock to get some test mileage in. The shop is a Cervelo dealer as well as I was hoping to get some test miles in on the R5d as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cleanest bike you will ever see, zero cables with superb integration.
Everybody who has ridden it forgot about the rear suspension until they hit something rough and were surprised.

All set up in a 54cm with pedals bottle cages and medium depth wheels weighs in at 7.4kg.
It feels much lighter than it weighs though.
It runs 160mm rotors both ends for excellent braking and the new dura-ace brifters have a much more tactile feel to the shifters than previous Di2 incarnations.
Neutral handling, very smooth, and seems to descend well on the limited ride on what is a wrong size bike for me.

I will edit this post and put up some pictures later.
Stack and reach and full geo at the bottom of this page.

https://www.wilier.com/...s/us/road/cento10ndr
Quote Reply