Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What 3 things in regards to form do you think about during an Ironman Bike?
Quote | Reply
Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: What 3 things in regards to form do you think about during an Ironman Bike? [thunderdouble] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This really sucks, f@ck I still have to run after this and why am I doing this?
Quote Reply
Re: What 3 things in regards to form do you think about during an Ironman Bike? [thunderdouble] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. Shrug

2. Round

3. Turtle

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't drop power under 420W, keep the cadence above 105, and yell at that Sanders dude to gtf out of my way

NO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shrug
Turtle
Relax

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My speed is low, cadence slow...must have a flat...why am I weaving, I wasn't drinking last night...
Quote Reply
Re: What 3 things in regards to form do you think about during an Ironman Bike? [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can I comfortably reach my nutrition/hydration?
Is my cadence around 90-94 rpm?
Am I relaxed?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
-Head Low
-Eat
-EFF THESE DRAFTERS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aero is easy - stay on your bars, minimize what the wind sees

Eat - I try to get the majority of my calories in on the bike, I usually aim for 2000 calories figuring I'm going to toss some warm backwash and just not have the appetite for some of my food. I eat light on the run because I think it easier to eat & digest while I'm sitting

The race starts at T2 - don't chase the people stomping up the hill. An IM bike should feel like the easiest century you ever ride. It's not how long you can go hard, it's how fast you can go easy

Those aren't real form tips I guess. My best form tip is to work on a strong core & shoulders ( plank is perfect - add in 30 min of plank a week and you'll still be on your bars when you cross 100 miles ) . When I'm all kitted up on my tri bike and holding good form - I average 21-22 MPH at 175w. On my roadie, riding on the tops and hoods that gives me 17-18 MPH ( yeah yeah yeah, a million variables including red lights, but it's still a couple MPH difference )

" I take my gear out of my car and put my bike together. Tourists and locals are watching from sidewalk cafes. Non-racers. The emptiness of of their lives shocks me. "
(opening lines from Tim Krabbe's The Rider , 1978
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cadence.

Heel Drop (I tend to point my toes and shorten my effective seat height....then my knee starts to bother me).

Head position.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: What 3 things in regards to form do you think about during an Ironman Bike? [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Can you explain...

Am I close below?

Shrug - relaxed shoulders

Round - ?

Turtle - Everything close/tight?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sore ar$e
sore neck

I'm not really enjoying this....

but at least i'm overtaking everyone that swims faster than me.
Quote Reply
Re: What 3 things in regards to form do you think about during an Ironman Bike? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you explain what you mean by 'Shrug' and 'Turtle' please
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tuck your head into your shoulders like your shrugging.

Google pictures of turtles for examples.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thunderdouble wrote:
Can you explain what you mean by 'Shrug' and 'Turtle' please

Shrug your shoulders. And "turtle" your head into your body (bring your head into your body like a turtle). The goal is to get your head out of the wind as much as possible. Your head should not be sticking straight up into the wind (like most triathletes).

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6541942#p6541942

See this post above. The picture on the left is someone not shrugging and not turtling. You want to do the right.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: What 3 things in regards to form do you think about during an Ironman Bike? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. Stay aero and within watts
2. Remember to drink/eat
3. Look overly comfortable and photogenic when you near the IM cameras to make sure you get that awesome picture for your facebook update!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Focus.

Though that is only one.

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
form only?
1. keep down in/on the aerobars
2. loosen/untense my shoulders
3. look forward and don't let my eyes and head go down, looking at my shoes and the road under me.
peggy
Quote Reply