Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Torpedo bottle question
Quote | Reply
Will it work with any bottle cage or do you need their torpedo cage (which visually looks indistinguishable from any random cage)? Thinking of just buying their reload kit and sticking it into my BTA cage.

Or do I need to shell out for their cage too?

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: New Torpedo bottle question [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It should fit on just about any cage wich is open on top for the fill port, and for the straw to slide through if you opt to use the rear hole for it.
Last edited by: Art M.: Jan 28, 18 15:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ditto above about being open on top, because the wing that secures the drink tube must also slide through.

Also, it needs to be a style that has a little tail at the bottom as the bottle stop. Some alternative designs with the bottle bottom stop more than just that up-tick tail, or in some other location, would not work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not all cages will work. My elite cage works well, bontragers don't, and anything that's closed at the top won't work.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: New Torpedo bottle question [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So would a gorilla cage work?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: New Torpedo bottle question [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This thread makes me think opportunity lost... I had a Versa 500 and I am reconfiguring. I love the torpedo bottle, so I ordered a new black bottle refill. And I just bought a red Torpedo cage to go with the bottle. The new red cage on black bottle looks awesome. But a red Gorilla cage would have looked so much more awesomer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Should work as others have said depending on the cage. One thing of not the full setup comes with a spacer that goes between the bottle cage and the head of the bottle cage screw for the back screw. This is used to keep the bottle from moving forward in the cage. Sure you could probably cobble a spacer together yourself, or they may send you one if requested.
Quote Reply