Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Any love for the Desoto T1? [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[quote SBRcanuck I take my goggles off first, holding them in my hand as I pull the jersey off, then I usually try to let go of them as I pull the top off, to leave them in the sleeve,
=============================================
same here. it seems to work well enough for me. i do this with any wetsuit, but the desoto is the only one i pull over my head----and after i pull off my goggles.
peggy
Quote Reply
Re: Any love for the Desoto T1? [pmcdc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Something that Slowman posted in past needs to be mentioned again, the two piece design is more forgiving with the "weight swings" that most of us older individuals experience during the year. You can even pair the Desoto arm sleeves with the speedtube to have a flexible almost full suit.
Quote Reply
Re: Any love for the Desoto T1? [el gato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
love my desoto! been wearing them since before they had zippers:) quality product, amazing customer service. I'm a desoto fan and use all of their products.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone! I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on a T1. Anyone have any additional thoughts on the regular First Wave top vs. the Concept 5?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't mention above that I have all the T1 parts (can you tell I'm a fan yet?) - regarding FW vs C5: I think the deal with the C5 is that it should give your arms a bit more float therefore raise you a bit higher in the water. It may well do that, but I haven't tested and can't really tell. With this in mind if I were buying only one top I would only get the standard FW. I don't swim in really cold water (it's a bit warmer on the arms) and 2mm arms feels a little more 'free' - which might be good for you being an inexperienced swimmer. The main thing for you is that you'll have the most important part of float provided by the bibjohn.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
el gato wrote:
Thanks everyone! I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on a T1. Anyone have any additional thoughts on the regular First Wave top vs. the Concept 5?

Like CLA (I think), I prefer the FW top. I personally did not like the thick feel of the C5 sleeves.
That said, DeSoto has a great return policy, you can order both and return the one you don't like.
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Jan 25, 18 9:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m a long time DS wet suit guy. I’ve had several over the years. I ocean swam 3-5x a week for years, so I have the T1 top/bottoms and speed vest/bottom. You can mix and match depending on the water temp. I also wear my speed vest in the pool if the air temp is below 60.
As others posted contact DeSoto direct, Emilio’s staff is very knowledgeable and friendly. Great customer service and I believe if you’re not satisfied just send it back.

https://www.desotosport.com

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go with what your budget allows, upon ordering you will have someone fromDeSoto reach out to confirm your chest, waist and inseam sizes, this reduces the errors of ordering the wrong sizes.

If you signup for their newsletter it should give you a discount for your first order.

Happy Swimming
Quote Reply
Re: Any love for the Desoto T1? [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reference the trade in/recycle program. I'm unaware if it was the norm, but I traded in an 5-6 year-old Xterra wetsuit with multiple nicks, etc., to receive my large discount. As such, programs may not be limited to trading in just used DeSoto wetsuits.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hola El Gato,

I am just seeing your post for the first time, my apologies, we are simply busy. I will let the other brand speak for itself with the exception of one very important point...We, not they, created the Arms Up notion of designing a wetsuit back in 1999. Details on that are on our website at:

https://www.desotosport.com/collections/t1-wetsuits

I would be happy to communicate with you by email or to speak by phone in order to explain all the benefits of the T1 Wetsuit and its two-piece design. You can reach me at:

emilio@desotosport.com

and from there we can exchange phone numbers if you prefer to speak by phone.

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Quote Reply
Re: Any love for the Desoto T1? [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you so much Emilio. I really appreciate the offer. I'll reach out via e-mail to get your thoughts on proper sizing, as well as Concept5 vs. First Wave top. It speaks volumes for you, your company, and your products that there is near-universal praise in this thread for the T1.

Thanks,
John
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
replied back to you by email. Want to make sure you got it.

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Quote Reply
Re: Any love for the Desoto T1? [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Emilio wrote:
replied back to you by email. Want to make sure you got it.

Thank you - yes, I received your e-mail. I'm out of town at the moment, but I'll be in touch early next week. I appreciate the follow-up.
Quote Reply

Prev Next