Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Scottsdale MTB Rental Suggestions?
Quote | Reply
I'll be in Scottsdale this weekend and am planning on renting a MTB. It looks like there are plenty of places to rent from, but do any locals have any favorite shops? The brand doesn't really matter to me. I ride an Epic WC 29er, but I'm not opposed to 27.5 or hard tail.

VDOT O2 Run Coaching
Team INFINIT Discount Code: RowanJones
Quote Reply
Re: Scottsdale MTB Rental Suggestions? [Rowan Jones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would call Bicycle Ranch in Scottsdale to see if they do rentals, as well as the Scottsdale location for Landis Cyclery. Those are the two bike shops in Scottsdale that come to mind. Both, I believe, work with Specialized and Trek bikes. Have fun out there.. it's perfect riding weather right now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I rented from AOA Adventures a few years ago while there on vacation. Got a Giant Trance X 29''. I only wanted the 4 hour option but since I needed it earlier than they were open they let me go ahead and pick it up the day prior for no extra fee.

Quote Reply
Re: Scottsdale MTB Rental Suggestions? [Harbo99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Following this thread. We (wife and 2 kids) are heading to Scottsdale in March for a week of hanging out and exploring...the thought of getting in an afternoon of riding has crossed my mind haha. Maybe find a place that rents small bikes (my 4 year old doesnt need training wheels but would need a 14/16" wheel bike...although his current 18" Redline BMX bike is perfect size too) and pull behind trailers too (for my 1 year old girl). Bikes on vacation is never a bad thing....right???? Haha

http://www.slfmotion.com
Instagram - @SLFMotion
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McDowell Mountain Cycles in Fountain Hills, AZ. Great shop with beer on tap and a coffee machine and bar. 15 min drive to McDowell park with all kinds of trails and lots of them.

Great owners and they are a Trek, Scott and Niner dealer.

"I swim because that's how I get to ride my bike."

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the replies, everyone. I ended up going with AOA since they rent kid's bikes, too. That way I can take our 8 year old out on some green trails. Hope to pop in and visit some of the other shops just to poke around.

VDOT O2 Run Coaching
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely take your kid to Brown's Ranch. If you like technical riding, it's not the place, but there are endless miles of easy mountain biking there.

https://www.scottsdaleaz.gov/Assets/ScottsdaleAZ/Preserve/Preserve+North+Area+Trail+Map.pdf

Last edited by: cholla: Jan 23, 18 8:06
Quote Reply
Re: Scottsdale MTB Rental Suggestions? [cholla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool, thanks. I'll check it out. I'll have half a day Saturday to ride some more technical stuff by myself, but he'll be with me otherwise.

VDOT O2 Run Coaching
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For more technical riding, you can stick to the McDowell Sonoran Preserve trails that are closer to AOA. There northern section of the preserve that I linked earlier is totally different geologically than the McDowell Mountains themselves. The southern section, link below, is much hillier and very rocky.

http://www.scottsdaleaz.gov/Assets/ScottsdaleAZ/Preserve/Preserve+South+Area+Trail+Map.pdf

Quote Reply
Re: Scottsdale MTB Rental Suggestions? [cholla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice. I'll print these out for backup, but I'll likely rely heavily on the Trailforks app while riding. I got to do a good bit of MTB riding across BC before ITU cross worlds in Penticton last year and that app was extremely helpful.

VDOT O2 Run Coaching
Quote Reply