Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Felt IA 10/16 & Travel/Maintenance
Quote | Reply
My wife is purchasing a bike within the next couple of weeks. It's between a QR PRFive and a Felt IA 10 (but probably the 16 with upgraded components because she doesn't like the 2018 colors for the 10).

My question, does anyone have any experience traveling with the non-integrated IA series bikes? We have a Ruster Hen House, so it's a bit more effort than other bike cases. I'm reasonably handy with bikes and do most of my own maintenance. I'd like to know what I'm getting myself into because I'll for sure be the one disassembling and reassembling (and maintaining) her bike.

On my QR Cd0.1, getting the front brakes back on are a kick in the crotch. I hate doing it every single time. I feel like I'm going to break them every time. And the rear brakes... they're impossible. Anything like that with the Felts?
Last edited by: m_reese: Jan 18, 18 14:46
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA 10/16 & Travel/Maintenance [m_reese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Felt IA 10 is easy to travel with from a mechanical standpoint. Center mount front brake that is easy to remove. Direct mount rear brake, also easy. I have a 54 and it fits nicely into an armored hen house.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA 10/16 & Travel/Maintenance [m_reese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the IA10 given that it has di2 is a breeze to adjust, disassemble and reassemble. the 16 wouldn't be much harder. it's all standard equipment
Quote Reply