Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

the circadian question
Quote | Reply
NIH reports that several reseachers have isolated the light-reactive protein, drosophilia, that controls our daily cycle of hormone production. Imagine that stuff in a pill.

But, beyond circadian rhythms, what about biorhythms. If light-rective protein controls daily activity, maybe changing magnetic fields, etc controls us in other aspects, such as the moon relates to some weirdnesses. In the spirit of leaving no stone unturned, have you ever had a really bad training day and none of the usual factors explain it? Have you ever checked one of these online bio-charts when you're having an unexplained drop? I have, and it's a little spooky. The couple of times I've looked, always bad days, the biorhythms have always been low. And, I know for a fact that I am much consistently stronger at certain times of the year than others, and I train year 'round. But, I'm not going to get hooked on this because of self-fulfilling prophesies. It's just that it would be nice to know that can I go hard at certain times, feel good, and not screw up my immune system. I also think that some people can sense this rhythm and are mature enough to pay attention. The ones that train alot and never get sick, for example. That's not me.

Psycho-science is in it's infancy but, I suspect some of this voodoo stuff will turn out to be very useful. Maybe our training programs need to oscillate with a personal rhythm. Maybe someone's figured out a rating system that tracks it on an individual basis.

"Fire" away.

Jim
Quote Reply