Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Winter Training Drag
Quote | Reply
I don't even have it bad in that it isn't that cold and there isn't snow, but man the winter training is really seeming to drag on this year and it is only mid-January! Maybe it is that my hours and mileage is a lot higher this year, but man my first 2018 race just seems so far away.

Anybody else feeling this way?

2018 Races: IM Santa Rosa, Vineman Monte Rio, Lake Tahoe 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: Winter Training Drag [Sanrafaeltri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First race was yesterday! Recovery day! No idea what you're talking about.
Quote Reply
Re: Winter Training Drag [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good for you doing a race early trail!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The winter for me is JFT time.

This year I picked a late Feb marathon to target. But even without that I would just get out there and train whatever I feel like just put in the time and get more regimented as the season gets closer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes! Totally dragging on! I am ready for winter to be over!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know the feeling, I always try to get a 2 weeks training camp in around February, somewhere the sun is shining and the weather is good, just to break up the long winter time. Just got an email from my A-race, its "only" 6 months to go... for me it feels like "still" =) Long time away.
Quote Reply
Re: Winter Training Drag [Ben6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ben6 wrote:
I know the feeling, I always try to get a 2 weeks training camp in around February, somewhere the sun is shining and the weather is good, just to break up the long winter time. Just got an email from my A-race, its "only" 6 months to go... for me it feels like "still" =) Long time away.

Ben, what camp do you do? I am looking for a budget friendly camp in Arizona or southern California. I don't really need a camp, just maybe an AirBnB rental with a few other triathletes and we hang out and train together.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Use the 6-month-rule as motivation! Yes the weather outside might be frightful, but know that it's the training that you put in about 6 months out from the key races of the year that is most important!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply