Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Quick ? for Woodway owners
Quote | Reply
I'm just starting to run again after an extended bout of tendonitis in my foot, so I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a refurbished Woodway treadmill to minimize the pounding. In looking at the specs, it appears that the residential models require a dedicated 110V 20A outlet with a NEMA 5-20R plug. Is this really the case, or are there models that can plug into a standard 15A outlet? running a dedicated 20A outlet to my pain cave on the 2nd floor would be a bit of a challenge.
Quote Reply
Re: Quick ? for Woodway owners [jkatsoudas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Huh, I never paid attention to that. My Desmo is on a standard 15A outlet. That doesn’t mean it’s a good idea though...
Quote Reply
Re: Quick ? for Woodway owners [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A NEMA 5-20R plug has one prong turned 90 degrees and won't plug in to a standard 15A outlet. It would require a 20A outlet that has a "T" shaped plug for one of the prongs. Your Desmo has a standard plug on it?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can plug it into a standard outlet with an adapter. In theory it could pop your breaker, but in practice likely only if you are running at high speed up a high slope and are pretty heavy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got our woodway a long time ago. I believe you can get models that run on a 15A outlet. DO NOT put a 20A outlet on 15A wiring. That is not safe. Yes the breaker should trip before a fire starts, but I don't think that is a good bet to take with your home. Just spend the extra time ( or $ to get an electrition) to put in a 20A outlet where you want it. The real question is do you have room in your breaker box to expand?

Ed Alyanak

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, my Desmo has a standard plug.
Quote Reply
Re: Quick ? for Woodway owners [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Yes, my Desmo has a standard plug.

Interesting. Thanks. Here's what the Woodway FAQ says. I've sent them an e-mail inquiring about refurbished units, so I'll find out from them if a 15A plug is an option.

"All Woodway treadmills require a dedicated circuit (which means they cannot share the neutral) and a NEMA receptacle. For speeds up to and including 15 mph, a 120V circuit is needed and a 5-20R receptacle to match the plug. For speeds of 16.5 mph and greater, a 208 or 220V circuit and a NEMA 6-20R receptacle are needed. "
Last edited by: jkatsoudas: Jan 16, 18 6:39
Quote Reply
Re: Quick ? for Woodway owners [sylvius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my heart pangs when you comment on Woodways, like watching a child given up for adoption in a loving family environment I failed to provide...

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Quick ? for Woodway owners [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
milesthedog wrote:
my heart pangs when you comment on Woodways, like watching a child given up for adoption in a loving family environment I failed to provide...

Lol, you’re welcome to visit it whenever you want, though with the pace you’ve been running lately you may need the full 20A circuit. It was amazing timing getting it just before this brutal winter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My Desmo is about 10 years old so perhaps this has not always been the case for Woodways.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
where are all you folks getting your refurbished woodways from? I even contacted sales@woodway from their website and havent heard a peep from anyone.
Quote Reply
Re: Quick ? for Woodway owners [harshc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I clicked on the link on the refurbished treadmill page of the Woodway website last night and promptly got an e-mail back first thing this morning.
Quote Reply