Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Brownlee And Kienle Scott Bike Ad [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder where they're planning on showing this ad, its a bit long for TV.

Jonny and Ali have been all over Brit TV adverts with there sponsers since the Olympics brings nice exposure to the sport.
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee And Kienle Scott Bike Ad [Race1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zipp?? Ali was riding a disc which otherwise seemed weird for an ad/“training ride”
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee And Kienle Scott Bike Ad [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kienle is on Zipps.

It's not something any one other than a Tri geek would notice. But he's on them :)
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee And Kienle Scott Bike Ad [Race1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right they are both on them
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee And Kienle Scott Bike Ad [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My problem with this ad is that when they meet in the pub, there is no disagreement about beer.

A german and a brit having a friendly conversation that doesn't cause a throw down over beer seems weird to me.

I was hoping for a Kingsman style "Manners maketh man" scene at the end. No such luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee And Kienle Scott Bike Ad [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One thing I noticed is that neither prescribe to the 10-15 degree arm tilt we’ve all been told is faster ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee And Kienle Scott Bike Ad [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My understanding is that it often tests fast, so for people who don't test it's a generally safe bet that it's good to tilt. They both have been to the wind tunnel so I'm not going to dispute their positions, although I do believe sebi at least has his hands higher than his elbows by a non-trivial amount.

I also tilt because doing otherwise is very uncomfortable on my shoulders.
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee And Kienle Scott Bike Ad [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
imswimmer328 wrote:
My understanding is that it often tests fast, so for people who don't test it's a generally safe bet that it's good to tilt. They both have been to the wind tunnel so I'm not going to dispute their positions, although I do believe sebi at least has his hands higher than his elbows by a non-trivial amount.

I also tilt because doing otherwise is very uncomfortable on my shoulders.

This is b/c you started beer drinking as an adolescent or adult (adult onset beer drinker, AOBD). Had you started as a child at age 7 in the summer beer league, then gone to year-round beer drinking at age 10, you would have the shoulder flex and flex/floppy ankles to chug your beer very comfortably with or w/o the tilt. Just one of the hazards of being an AOBD. :)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chicanery wrote:
My problem with this ad is that when they meet in the pub, there is no disagreement about beer.

A german and a brit having a friendly conversation that doesn't cause a throw down over beer seems weird to me.

I was hoping for a Kingsman style "Manners maketh man" scene at the end. No such luck.

Haha, I was also expecting at least Kienle to say 'this is not even beer'. But I'm biased, I have to explain to colleagues from other countries that our Belgian beer is usually a bit different than what they are expecting.
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee And Kienle Scott Bike Ad [tomdefietsbom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tomdefietsbom wrote:
chicanery wrote:

Haha, I was also expecting at least Kienle to say 'this is not even beer'. But I'm biased, I have to explain to colleagues from other countries that our Belgian beer is usually a bit different than what they are expecting.
It looks like Sebi has normal pint (tulip) glass and Ali as British type of krug so definitely not the same beer.
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee And Kienle Scott Bike Ad [tomdefietsbom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Belgian beer is not so much different, it's more awesome. No need to be humble about that.

How many Belgian Tripel and Strongs have taken honors at the World Beer Awards far outside of their own categories?

Tripel Karmelliet and the entire Gouden Carolus line inspired me to start a brewery after I visited your country a few years ago.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They have been very busy with the TV adverts.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/rugby-league/11213586/super-league-vs-the-brownlees

Deceptively slow.
Last edited by: Speckled Hen: Jan 23, 18 3:05
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee And Kienle Scott Bike Ad [Speckled Hen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This was great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
I wonder where they're planning on showing this ad, its a bit long for TV.

Youtube is already a media platform and I watch more of it than I watch tv so there's that.

Cool vid, but boy that audio goes to hell in the grocery store. It's really not broadcast-ready audio.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply

Prev Next