Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Critique my swim stroke (1:05 IM swimmer) [FindinFreestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FindinFreestyle wrote:
I hate micro management, but I'll try a little. Deep hands are good, but I think you might be going a bit too deep. So you never really get the power of EVF and those deep hands at the end of your almost fully extended arms while in the front (quadrant) are really hard to pull through, so they go a little slower, and make your kick timing just a touch early.

You're creating a lot of force, but not necessarily propulsion, at the front of your stroke, which delays getting to the finish, where you really could create a lot of propulsion from your force.

One arm drill* and Pulling without a buoy could help with this, as could simply being aware of it. You've got some decent fundamentals so you should be a able to tweak some specifics without throwing yourself out of whack too badly.

*I prefer one arm with the non pulling arm at the side, and breathing away from the puling arm, not the guppy challenge arm out front version.

How much has being able to extend and not going to deep has to do with flexibility? I have the same problem like the TO, funnily I am as fast as him on the IM distance. I know that I need to reach out more, but somehow I cannot manage to do it. For the record, I am as flexible as a brick, but I started working on it lately.
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my swim stroke (1:05 IM swimmer) [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What races have you done those times in?

What kind of speeds do you swim in sessions to hit those times to be able to swim sub 60?

Inside The Big Ring: Podcast & Coaching

Quote Reply
Re: Critique my swim stroke (1:05 IM swimmer) [Brandes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brandes wrote:
What races have you done those times in?

What kind of speeds do you swim in sessions to hit those times to be able to swim sub 60?

IM CdA 58:30 w/ wetsuit, 59:30 w/ skinsuit
IM Kona 58:30 skinsuit, 58:59 skinsuit

when I was going good, I was doing 40x100 on the 1:30 at 1:20/100scy or better, swimming 500scy TT between 6:15 and 6:30, etc., and swimming 1:25/100m OWS in a lake with a wetsuit.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply

Prev Next