Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Just relocated to Chicago. Clueless about the scene here. [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
I'll take that over our typical north Central Florida summers ... 9 months of freaking heat and humidity, and the stupid hurricane season.

To each his own I guess. I love the heat and humidity of Central Florida.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Just relocated to Chicago. Clueless about the scene here. [feman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Chicago racing scene is dominated by very fast crits. Musclebound sprinters with excellent cornering abilities do well.

Road races are pretty much dead.

There is an active and fun TT scene, but with little crossover to road.

Palos is fun but neither technical or challenging. Peoria area has at least 6 MTB parks that are tougher. Many rate Kickapoo near Champaign as the best in the state. Quad Cities has a very active scene.

Wisconsin has great terrain and excellent MTBing, with a deep scene. Try the Illinois IHRS series for a more low-key but plenty-competitive series of races.

Chicross cup is a gigantic party, but if you want hard and you want to become a good cxer, head to wisco.

Illinois has lots and lots of roads. If you can get way from Chicago you can ride for hours and meet very little traffic. Riding in a group in a strong April crosswind will make you a strong rider.
Quote Reply
Re: Just relocated to Chicago. Clueless about the scene here. [carlosflanders] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crits for sprinters with good cornering skills...well...shit!

How's the gravel scene?
Quote Reply
Re: Just relocated to Chicago. Clueless about the scene here. [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
How's the gravel scene?

If you can get west of Rockford or Freeport, it's amazing. East of there, non-existent.
Quote Reply
Re: Just relocated to Chicago. Clueless about the scene here. [Wonnk13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, full disclosure - I don't live there, but...

Naperville Running Company will treat you right - tops in the nation for running stores, twice!

My buddy (almost a brother) owns the place - KH --- So, I'm a tiny bit biased

enjoy the journey

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________
Quote Reply
Re: Just relocated to Chicago. Clueless about the scene here. [Wonnk13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't see anyone suggest Element Multisport. They offer Retul fittings (at least they used too). Plus complete tri gear. https://www.elementmultisport.com/
Quote Reply

Prev Next