Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: $5k-ish to buy a new bike. Suggestions? [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
This thread is about ~$5K bikes with electronic shifting. The OP did not comment on braking preferences. Perhaps you should start another thread.

Dave will make this thread about himself. There needs to be a moderator function that locks him to one thread.
Quote Reply
Re: $5k-ish to buy a new bike. Suggestions? [thugbuster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I highly recommend buying used if you're open to that. I just went through this process and ended up getting a P5 with Di2 for more than half off retail. I love the bike, but there was no way I would have stepped up and purchased it new for over 10K.

I did buy it locally, so was able to check it out prior to handing over the cash.
Quote Reply
Re: $5k-ish to buy a new bike. Suggestions? [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the suggestions! To be honest I didn't have the Premier Tactical on my radar at all, but Dan reached out and was able to work with me and answer my questions. Last night I put in a pre-order for a Tactical 2.0. 12 years ago I went with Felt on my first road bike (and eventually with my B12) because they were a smaller company (at the time), with a great product, who took care of their customers. I get that same feeling from Dan and that matters to me more than what the brand name is.

Thanks Again!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you've had good luck w your Felt, and no reason to switch, stick with them. The IA10 is a great bike.
Quote Reply
Re: $5k-ish to buy a new bike. Suggestions? [Formulagod] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Formulagod wrote:
If you've had good luck w your Felt, and no reason to switch, stick with them. The IA10 is a great bike.

I've a Felt IA14 and I'm pretty happy with it. However, if I was the OP and the Tactical option was a good fit in both geometry and budget I think it's at least as good an option, and probably better in some respects.
I don't see why it would matter whether the next bike is the same brand as the last. What's the advantage of staying with Felt just because the last bike was a Felt? Loyalty for loyalty's sake or is there something else you have in mind?
Last edited by: Ai_1: Jan 3, 18 9:43
Quote Reply
Re: $5k-ish to buy a new bike. Suggestions? [FindinFreestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FindinFreestyle wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
The value is when folks come out with a bike with a basic P2 type frame!! We all do not need, or can afford, a super bike frame.

Freestyle, this made me bust a gut. Thanks for making my day!

"One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time."
Quote Reply
Re: $5k-ish to buy a new bike. Suggestions? [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ai_1 wrote:
Formulagod wrote:

I've a Felt IA14 and I'm pretty happy with it. However, if I was the OP and the Tactical option was a good fit in both geometry and budget I think it's at least as good an option, and probably better in some respects.
I don't see why it would matter whether the next bike is the same brand as the last. What's the advantage of staying with Felt just because the last bike was a Felt? Loyalty for loyalty's sake or is there something else you have in mind?

It's not about loyalty, if he were on a QR and asking this question, I would still recommend the Felt. For what he's asking for (price, elect shifting, etc) I think the IA10 is a top contender. He asked for a suggestion, I gave it. He didn't ask for a list of options.

Regards,
Quote Reply
Re: $5k-ish to buy a new bike. Suggestions? [Formulagod] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Formulagod wrote:
Ai_1 wrote:
Formulagod wrote:

It's not about loyalty, if he were on a QR and asking this question, I would still recommend the Felt. For what he's asking for (price, elect shifting, etc) I think the IA10 is a top contender. He asked for a suggestion, I gave it. He didn't ask for a list of options.

Regards,
That's fair enough. I was simply curious because the phrasing of your response "no reason to switch" sounded to me as though you considered change of brand in itself to be a consideration. I may have read more into it than was intended.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats! The waiting is going to be hard, but it'll be worth it =)
Quote Reply
Re: $5k-ish to buy a new bike. Suggestions? [Monastero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Monastero wrote:
Ceepo anything...Potts will be riding one.
Fixed it for ya

Boy it has got to be killing you that this snide remark hasn't garnered more responses.
Quote Reply

Prev Next