Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

A race in October....how to keep motivated when everyone else is ramping up?
Quote | Reply
I'm basically in the middle of my off season. I feel great and I'm itching to get back at it. However, my "A" race is in October and don't want to ramp it up now. I look around and everyone is ramping up so it's frustrating. I never had an "A" race in the fall so usually I'm ramping up now too.
Quote Reply
Re: A race in October....how to keep motivated when everyone else is ramping up? [endurancealex1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pick your weakest discipline and ramp that one up while keeping the other two at low volume.
Quote Reply
Re: A race in October....how to keep motivated when everyone else is ramping up? [endurancealex1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just chuck a few B and C “fun” races into your calendar and don’t worry about peaking for them. Use them as training days and to keep the mojo flowing. 10 months is a long time to focus on something.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why would you not ramp up now? You could train normally for the early season, have fun racing, recover for a week or two, then start to train specifically for your October race. If you're in shape, you only need a couple month at most to train for any race.

Honestly I've never understood people who focus entirely on one race. That's seems boring. And after devoting a whole year training for your one A race, what it if you screw it up? Or get sick at the wrong time?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've never regretted upping my FTP in the offseason
Quote Reply