Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Spin App for Indoor Spin Class???
Quote | Reply
Its cold outside so I have been taking local spin classes (I dont have a trainer, nor do I want to buy one).

Do any of you guys use a free app on your cell phone to do your own spin workouts on a spin bike without an instructor? If so, which ones are best?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Spin App for Indoor Spin Class??? [Spartan420] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Global Cycling Network youtube

"Race Winning Intervals Workout" is my Go To workout on hotel or gym spin bikes.
"Sweet Spot Intervals" and "power + endurance" are other GCN workouts I use.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not free, but know some folks using Aaptiv to work out on a spin bike
Quote Reply
Re: Spin App for Indoor Spin Class??? [dcohen24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s not free but you could try Peloton
https://www.onepeloton.com
Quote Reply
Re: Spin App for Indoor Spin Class??? [Gmehje] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Sufferfest videos can be used without a fancy trainer - I knocked one out at a hotel gym over the holidays.

" I take my gear out of my car and put my bike together. Tourists and locals are watching from sidewalk cafes. Non-racers. The emptiness of of their lives shocks me. "
(opening lines from Tim Krabbe's The Rider , 1978
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the same question - thanks for the suggestions. I see spin bikes have their doubters but they have really helped my hill climbing - or is it just my imagination? - I spin twice a week for 30 minutes in a regular spin class which is really designed for basic cardio - and - my times up a 6.2% slope of 1.2 miles have improved from over 10 minutes to 8:22 in 2 months which has moved me up that Strava leaderboard a lot. I do minimal strength work-outs with weights and some running and swimming to improve my cardio.

Can spinning be that helpful? and why??
Quote Reply
Re: Spin App for Indoor Spin Class??? [lombardi3g] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Couple years ago, I bought a $200 spin bike from Wal-Mart. Gold's Gym branded at that. I do a lot of indoor workouts and have for most of my tri career. I don't know how many thousands of hours I've logged on that thing since I bought it. I use a lot of Spinervals DVDs and I don't feel like I've suffered any compromise in my fitness using that spin bike. I used to have a Kurt Kinetic but I like just hopping on the spin bike without having to set up the trainer. I've also used Lifecycles at the gym and gotten good results. Nothing in the world at all wrong with using a spin bike, as long as you use the same intensity indoors as you do outside.

RP
Quote Reply