Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Replacing Magura RT6 Hydraulic brake hose. Can I only use 'magura' hose?
Quote | Reply
I picked up a set of magura RT6 brakes and the rear brake hydraulic hose is too short, so clearly I need to install a new hose.

In comparing Magura brake hose to other brands of hose I see that they actually look fairly different from one another.
1. Magura hose seems to be thicker (smaller I.D.) and lacks an inner liner that shimano brake hose normally has.
2. Magura hose doesn't seem to require the little brass insert that is put into the end of the hose (example of insert: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/...mt%7C%7Cprd%7C8695CA)

So, Magura hose looks pretty different to me. Has anyone had experience using different 'brands' of hydraulic hose with Magura brakes, or know whether there is any intercompatability?

I ordered Magura hose and olives from Chain Reaction Cycles, but it doesn't seem to be readily availble locally and I'd just like to get a sense of what I can and cannot work with.
Quote Reply
Re: Replacing Magura RT6 Hydraulic brake hose. Can I only use 'magura' hose? [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No experience using other brand hoses, but I would certainly not recommend it. Last thing you want on a ride is your brake line failing.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Replacing Magura RT6 Hydraulic brake hose. Can I only use 'magura' hose? [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I suppose I figured I'd get a generic answer like this, but I'm really looking for a more informed perspective on the differences between brake hoses and people's experiences.
Quote Reply