Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: My water bottles keep on launching. What cage do you use? [NewbieTri100] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With practice. But it takes an effort even greater than that of removing from a Xlab Gorilla, and the Gorilla is near launch proof as well.
Quote Reply
Re: My water bottles keep on launching. What cage do you use? [New3901] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New3901 wrote:
With practice. But it takes an effort even greater than that of removing from a Xlab Gorilla, and the Gorilla is near launch proof as well.

Thanks for the response.
Quote Reply
Re: My water bottles keep on launching. What cage do you use? [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:
This is so ghetto, but I learned it from back in the days Rappstar was an amateur. Take any bottle cage (Trek Batcages work best), drill holes in the prongs that hold the bottle in. Cut up an elastic speed lace and slightly compress the tongs together so it'll put tension on bottles. When I did this, I was able to run a near total horizontal bottle behind my seat. I also use the Profile cages with the built-in rubber bands, and they're fine until the bands wear out.

THIS.

The only time I launched a bottle with this setup was when I was lazy and kept putting off replacing the speed lace that was almost completely worn out.

Why people spend gobs of money on XLAB cages is beyond me.
Quote Reply
Re: My water bottles keep on launching. What cage do you use? [NewbieTri100] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the mount is just as important as the cage.

I have followed friends with flexible mounts and the rebound after hitting the bump seems to start the launching process.

On a solid mount, if the cage / bottle combo is good enough to survive the first hit, it won't go anywhere afterwards.

I have a mount that I could hang from and with two gorillas mounted vertical, it's never launched over some very bad roads.

High5 bottles are good and allow use of the camelbak lids :-)

WD :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
About a year ago I put a Speedfil R3 w/ the cage mounted at a 45 degree angle behind the seat and have yet to launch a bottle. Prior to that I had an X-labs gorilla cage mounted. It also never launched a bottle but it was significantly more difficult to get the bottle in/out.
Quote Reply

Prev Next