Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Asics racing flats
Quote | Reply
I am down to my last spare pair of DS Racers. I was looking to re-stock over the last week, only to learn they have been discontinued. A clueless customer service person from the Asics website said they are not making racing flats anymore. I can’t believe that is true. Does anyone have an idea about what has replaced the DS Racer?
Quote Reply
Re: Asics racing flats [Poon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.runningwarehouse.com/...escpage-ADS22M2.html

Running warehouse seems to have a lot of them
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I raced in the Hyper Speed 7 with Supergreen insoles in them. The DS Trainners as mentioned above are ok, narrow toebox so you might have to up a 1/2 Size. The DS racers were perfect, I have an alert set up on eBay but haven’t had any luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Asics racing flats [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My mistake, I read DS Trainer for some odd reason.

I didn't like that last few years of the DS Racer. The blue with green stripes worked well for me. The next one was red and it never felt right. I wound up wearing through the tread before I felt they were broken in. The next one was blue again but it was the same as the red one. I still have the blue ones, think I have about 30 miles on them, size 9. You can have them for the shipping cost.

I went to the Mizuno Hitogami, I like that shoe a lot.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: Asics racing flats [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mike s wrote:
I raced in the Hyper Speed 7 with Supergreen insoles in them. The DS Trainners as mentioned above are ok, narrow toebox so you might have to up a 1/2 Size. The DS racers were perfect, I have an alert set up on eBay but haven’t had any luck.

Yup love my Hyper Speeds!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They're supposed to have a new DS Racer in 2018. I believe it's the last direct competitor to the Saucony Fastwitch 8.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Asics line-up has really been in flux for the last four years or so; they just can't figure out who they want to be as a brand.

As someone else mentioned, the Mizuno Hitogami would give a pretty similar underfoot feel, and because of the width of the platform underfoot relative to the DS Racer, should be a more neutral platform to land upon.

Saucony Fastwitch is going to be a firmer ride than you are used to. There's also the Brooks Asteria or Hyperion out there, likely worth looking at from an underfoot feel perspective.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Asics racing flats [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ran in the Fastwitch 7 in 2016 for some races and it's definitely firmer than then Fastwitch 3 or 4 I had run in years before as well as the DS Racer.

There is more posting in it as well so I didn't feel it was a direct competitor to the DS racer or the Hitogami.

Someone above mentioned the Hyperspeeds, I have a few pairs of the Hyper tri which is almost the same shoe as the Hyperspeeds. If I was picking an Asics shoe now to replace the DS Racer I might go that route as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can find the DS racers, versions 10 and 11, in some Men’s sizes at 33 off. But they will only ship to Canada.
Quote Reply
Re: Asics racing flats [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For anyone that has moved from the DS Racer to These other models, what has been your experience with sizing? I am usually an 11 in Asics, but use a 11.5 in the DS Racer. The only other brand I use for running is New Balance, and I typically am an 11.5 there. Curious how it would work with Saucony, Brooks, etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
9 in the DS racer, Mizuno Hitogami, Hyperspeed, Fastwitch.
Quote Reply
Re: Asics racing flats [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sadly, I think the Hitogami is going away. The good news is that you can find them pretty cheap ($40-$50). The Shadow takes its place.
Quote Reply