Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Celebs in triathlon? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
I think triathlon participation in the US would increase tremendously if the president did a few of them.

The then opposition leader of Australia did Port Macquarie in 2010. Copped a bit of flack for claiming back the cost of accommodation, saying training for the race "helped him do his job".

He did go on to win the 2013 election, but wasn't exactly a popular leader, and didn't last a full term...
Quote Reply
Re: Celebs in triathlon? [Fe226] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oooo thank you for reminding me I still have the Triathlete magazine with Maxine Bahns on the cover.
Quote Reply
Re: Celebs in triathlon? [Fe226] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The prince of Greece was awesome at ultratriathlon and deca-ironman

Lance Armstrong
Durazo
That woman from the sauna scene in Seinfeld

I remember there was a run of celebs at the NYC marathon (pun unintended). It was like everyone was doing it.

I just wonder who the celebs are riding with at Hawaii. I mean everyone is super fast and it's not a multiloop course....so it must be pretty lonely for people that only train a few months to finish
Quote Reply
Re: Celebs in triathlon? [Mac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was in a HITS race in Palm Springs with Jimmy Johnson. I didn't have a clue before hand or for most of the race. During the run leg there was a camera crew filming him from a car. He hung out post race and seemed more than happy to visit with anyone who wanted to chat. As I recall, he posted a very respectable time in the Olympic distance.
Quote Reply
Re: Celebs in triathlon? [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He should swim without a cap and red speedos.
Quote Reply

Prev Next