Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: No Love for Kienle on the ST uberbiker forum.....7:48 and 4:10 bike at Cozumel? [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
There were also some subsequent positive tests for certain early sub-8 athletes; although not all were sanctioned due to technical/procedural errors.

which ones? i think zack got popped for nandrolone late in his career (?). but of that early sub-8 crowd, including van lierde, niedrig, hellriegel, muller, leder, and peter reid, i don't remember any other positives. . . i think lothar leder got a red flag on hematocrit values, but i don't think he tested positive for anything.

Did LVL ever get popped? I know people often have questions about him, but no idea if he ever failed a test.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: No Love for Kienle on the ST uberbiker forum.....7:48 and 4:10 bike at Cozumel? [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:
Just replying here as it's the last post, but this website has a good historical perspective. In my AG (M 5054), median swim was about 22:00 faster than last year, bike 19:00 faster on the bike and 12 faster on the run.

http://www.coachcox.co.uk/

Agreed, it was certainly a faster day than last year. This is my AG too. This year's race was much more top heavy in this AG and I knew that going into the race looking at the start list. Take a look at Coach Cox's chart of the Top 20 times, this year that AG was very tight after the top 5, quite the flat slope in the chart.

I was about 10 minutes faster on the swim than expected, based on people I know this swim is typically about 5 minutes faster than a wetsuit lake swim, this year was an extra 10 minutes due to the following sea from the atypical wind direction (that holds up based on a few that did both years). The bike was for me about 5 or 6 minutes faster than the middle of the range that I expected and my run was similar to previous IM runs.

2nd place (last year's winner) was 7.5 minutes faster than last year, 9 minutes on the swim, bike was almost identical and run was a couple of minutes slower.

I wonder if other AGs got deeper too, this is the only one I looked at before the race and I knew it would be tougher to place high going into the race regardless of conditions.
Quote Reply
Re: No Love for Kienle on the ST uberbiker forum.....7:48 and 4:10 bike at Cozumel? [ToBeasy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ToBeasy wrote:
I don't know if he can/want to resist doing a home Ironman in July. He once said that he has already won Kona and he also wants to enjoy now and he is not prepared anymore to put all eggs into the Kona basket. And also that an early Ironman gives him some more options for the summer and I guess he meant Roth with that. But it was an interview from about a year ago.

The thing is that Frankfurt and Roth are very big things for germans. In terms of prestige, media and of course also sponsorship money. But to win you need to dig deep and Sebi does want to win when he competes.

Roth would certainly make sense. It will be pretty early in the summer season next year (July 1st), it is where Kienle raced long-distance for the first time, racing there is just fun for anyone, he has not yet won it and it is - except Kona - the most prestigious long-distance race in Germany at least. It all would make sense ... except the fact that Kienle's success would get measured by Frodo's record. Which is out of reach, I believe.
Quote Reply

Prev Next