Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Another Compex thread.....sorry
Quote | Reply
I've searched through the forum and haven't really found what I'm looking for so I'm hoping someone will jump in and have an answer/some input. I'm interested in the Sport model, the one that has the massage program, and was wondering if this is any good? I'm pretty sure going for a full massage would be better but I am looking for a substitute really. People here on ST seem to think the active recovery program is like a massage, does it really loosen up your muscles? Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------
Searching for the bliss of ultimate exertion.
Last edited by: callidus: Dec 10, 05 13:05
Quote Reply
Re: Another Compex thread.....sorry [callidus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jason Goldberg (jasongk is his handle) is the best person to talk to. Yes, he sells the units, but he is a very honest and knowledgeable guy. He won't feed you a line of bull.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the sport and it does work. Is it like an actual sports massage? No way, not even close but it does do a good job of easing tired muscles a bit. My main problem is being to lazy to put it on and use it. For example yesterday I did my first decent bike workout after about a month off, then ran and my legs were aching at night. Lay there for a while thinking I should put the compex on but was too lazy and went to bed.
Quote Reply
Re: Another Compex thread.....sorry [Tai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Tai. I didn't think it would come close to a sports massage but, in your opinion, does it help get rid of that tired/'tight'/stiff feeling in your muscles. That's what I really want it for.

------------------------------------------------------------
Searching for the bliss of ultimate exertion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a Compex for a while but got rid of it. I did not feel like it was worth the money or the time to use it. However, the active recovery cycle did seem to relieve/loosen tired muscles. I spoke to a PT about this and they were highly skeptical that the product actually flushed lactate acid or really did anything but dull pain sensors in the area being used.

That's my 2 cents.....
Quote Reply
Re: Another Compex thread.....sorry [XFalcon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I had a Compex for a while but got rid of it. I did not feel like it was worth the money or the time to use it. However, the active recovery cycle did seem to relieve/loosen tired muscles. I spoke to a PT about this and they were highly skeptical that the product actually flushed lactate acid or really did anything but dull pain sensors in the area being used.

That's my 2 cents.....

I wonder if these PTs had ever used a Compex, or had they just read the brochure....

I have a Compex unit that I try to use after every run session, is it better than a sports massage, probably not, but how would I ever get to having a massage 2 or 3 times a week.

IF you can afford it, the Compex is a great addition to the great arsenal of performance/recovery aids, a bit like RotorCranks & Disc Wheels.If however you can't afford it, then don't get one. simple really.

for the cost of a Compex, you could probably have lots of massages in the coming season, it's the following season where the benifit will be most felt.

avago
Last edited by: Avago: Dec 11, 05 17:06
Quote Reply