Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bragi Dash Pro Starkey
Quote | Reply
Was looking at these the other day, I'm having a hell of a time keeping any wireless headphones from falling out during runs. Also intrigued by the fact that i can swim with them. It seems as though falling out shouldn't be an issue due to the custom molding process. Couple questions i have......how is the sound quality, and do they have good bass? Also, in terms of swimming, I cannot swim without earplugs, do the custom Starkey's literally keep all water out while swimming? I appreciate any feedback on the Dash Pro's as well as the Starkey's, thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Bragi Dash Pro Starkey [jonfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got these for the wife when they first came out.. so not starkey or pro? versions.... I can only tell you what my wife said to me which is .. only headphones that dont fall out when she is running (and we have tried lots) She does not swim, but they have been fine in heavy downpour.

I have listened to them personally and the sound quality is very good to excellent. Bass is good
Last edited by: spntrxi: Nov 22, 17 7:01
Quote Reply
Re: Bragi Dash Pro Starkey [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has she ever ran in vertical style headphones? They are now mostly extinct thanks to companies changing their focus and the proliferation of Bluetooth but for running nothing beats vertical headphones in terms of staying in the ears - it is simply inherent in the design. All time greatest was the Sony MDR-AS35w, sadly you can't buy a pair for less than a $100 these days which is a far cry from the original $19.99 retail price.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Bragi Dash Pro Starkey [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
those would be non starter... spolied by tech. Needs to wireless and earbuds and all that. My daughter and I get the handme downs. I prefer my wired Klipsch X12 personally
Quote Reply
Re: Bragi Dash Pro Starkey [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:
those would be non starter... spolied by tech. Needs to wireless and earbuds and all that. My daughter and I get the handme downs. I prefer my wired Klipsch X12 personally

That is usually the opinion of people these days - spoiled by tech. I get it.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Bragi Dash Pro Starkey [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the custom molded ones. Sound is good. They don't fall out. In the water I don't get much water in my ear but it is not water tight. I don't wear a swim cap but if I put a cap over my ears I bet it would really minimize any water. They are the best I have used for swimming in the water. They have internal storage so you can listen to play lists.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the regular Pro version. I tried swimming in them once and while they sound great, the swim cap i put over my ears out too much pressure on the ear buds and hurt my head. they weren't water right but seemed ok. I run in them without any problems - I usually can't wear in ear headphones without issues so they get my vote there. Overall, I'm super happy with them and have good sound.

I must say that they have quality issues. I went through 3 pairs in 2 weeks due to different out of the box problems. I recommend getting a pair at a brick and mortar store to try them out. If they work, great (buy the extended warranty). If not, return them and give the Starkey a try.

Don't bother with the new Bose soundsport free. They have connectivity issues and video won't sync. Haven't tried the B&O or new Jaybird Run.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have a first gen and the battery life was far from 5h on a charge - from the box it was around 2h and now after 1 year of use is only 45 mins!
Quote Reply