Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Finally got a mountain bike.... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What level of procaliber did you get for her?
Quote Reply
Re: Finally got a mountain bike.... [Triagain3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triagain3 wrote:
What level of procaliber did you get for her?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Quote:
Nothings no wrong with knowing the right people. I’ve bought a few bikes off the show room floor, but not many. Most, I buy used, or build up in parts.

Two of the three I just bought were “demo” bikes.

Wife’s bike showed no sign of use whatsoever. I could tell mine was used only because the tires had evidence of it.

My son’s was right out of the box.

Demos or used are the way to go to save a few bucks. My last bike, a Bikes Direct Motobecane (highly recommend), I got $150 off because there were scratches on the chainstays. I have yet to find those scratches, in fact I added some.
Quote Reply
Re: Finally got a mountain bike.... [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndysStrongAle wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Quote:
Nothings no wrong with knowing the right people. I’ve bought a few bikes off the show room floor, but not many. Most, I buy used, or build up in parts.

Two of the three I just bought were “demo” bikes.

Wife’s bike showed no sign of use whatsoever. I could tell mine was used only because the tires had evidence of it.

My son’s was right out of the box.

Demos or used are the way to go to save a few bucks. My last bike, a Bikes Direct Motobecane (highly recommend), I got $150 off because there were scratches on the chainstays. I have yet to find those scratches, in fact I added some.

I mentioned earlier in their thread that Mrs. Duffy’s bike showed no signs whatsoever that it was ridden. Mine had some evidence of it being ridden. You could tell the tires had been on dirt and there was a tiny scratch (more like a rub mark) where the water bottle comes out (tight fit for that bottle).

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The 9.8 for 2018, here in Canada, comes with the carbon wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: Finally got a mountain bike.... [Triagain3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triagain3 wrote:
The 9.8 for 2018, here in Canada, comes with the carbon wheels.

We have a 2017. Came with Bontrager Mustang Pro.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Finally got a mountain bike.... [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumble Bee wrote:
Elvis Runner wrote:
<<I did a week in Moab with a guide. Was truly Epic and ranged from flat/easy to very technical/heart attack. Super fun and learned a lot from the guide. >>

Could you share the outfitter/guide you used? A trip like that is on my radar for next year.

Western Spirit does a fantastic job with guided trips. It is tent camping but the riding and experience is epic.
Also, check out Outerbike.
Three days of riding the latest bikes on awesome Moab area trails. Shuttles, lunch, and beer included.
Show up a day early for the Whole Enchilada

Thanks. I'll definitely check them out.
Quote Reply

Prev Next