Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Continental tubeless?
Quote | Reply
When I look at the "Top 15 Kona Bike" lists (thanks a lot for those, I love going through them), I occurs to me that Patrick Lange, Ivan Rana and Mareen Hufe all run Continental Tires and mention "tubes: n/a", while all are running tubeless ready rims (Swiss side, HED, 808). While it is common knowledge that the sponsored pros have access to special tires (especially their Race tires with the GP 4000 side profile for combining low rolling resistance with nice aerodynamics), can it be that those are really tubeless? Does anyone know for sure? Can that mean that in the future Continental will finally offer tubeless tires as well?
Quote Reply
Re: Continental tubeless? [Ben6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Conti TT used by Ivan Rana would be tubular I'm guessing. Either the others are running tubulars or just don't know/don't state what tubes they're using. Not sure if I would assume they are actually tubeless tires.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Talking to a conti rep, tubeless is coming soon. They recently released a line of cx tires that aren't tubeless compatible which is just a mistake. It can't come soon enough.

Train hard to Race harder

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift" - Pre
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Highly unlikely the were on tubeless. Just look at Sebi's bike. If it's available to anyone and it's faster, Sebi is usually first (or among the first) to run it.
Quote Reply
Re: Continental tubeless? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would normally agree, but Sebi chose Zipp 858s (or this was very kindly suggested by his sponsor) which are for whatever reason not tubeless ready
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you zoom in on the photos to the valve stem, look to see if there is a nut on the valve against the rim. That will be your give away, as you'll need this nut to make the valve stem an air tight seal.

It's blurry, but I don't see the nut on any of the Conti wheels.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zipp has said they won't make carbon clincher rim brake versions tubeless. The disc brake carbon clincher versions are tubeless ready.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply