Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Aerobar arm rest pads extension (sideways)...thoughts or ideas?
Quote | Reply
Evening all. When I acquired my Felt IA 10, I found that it had some custom work done to it. Specifically, the aerobar armrest pads were screwed into a small square extension plate (steel) that had four holes in it. Two for the aerobar armrest and two to mount into the aerobars itself which is a Pro missile carbon evo.

Here are some pics of that mod:

The goal, seemingly, of this mod is to spread out the armrests a bit. Being broad shouldered, I really like the way this feels. And even though the basebar (on the missile evo) has another set of wider holes, that would be too much...this little maybe 3/4 inch adjustment is just right.

I have two issues:
1. The dang armrests keep bending down given the extra leverage created and the crappy textured slider insert on the aerobars. I think I have a solution for that that involves some carbon paste and better grippy stuff.

2. Here is what I'd like to know from you all...i'm not in love with the very rough cut and drilled steel plates...they are ugly and heavy as hell. And they are both shaped differently...sort of like someone in a shop grabbed a flat piece of steel did a rough cut and drilled some holes.

Ross, the owner of Hart's Cylcery in Pennington NJ showed me a beautiful set of billet aluminum prototype spacers for just this purpose but I dont think he manufactuers them. And really I don't need much...a small square, like 2"x2" of a stiff material with four holes drilled (can spec it out more precisely later).

Does anyone know of a pre made solution here? THANKS!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------
My other car is a Felt. DFL>DNF>DNS.

"There will come a day you won't be able to do this, today is not that day."
Quote Reply
Re: Aerobar arm rest pads extension (sideways)...thoughts or ideas? [misha1809] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You could go to a sheetmetal shop and have them cut you a couple of pieces of aluminum stock. Maybe something 1/8" thick. Should be plenty stiff and much lighter than the steel
Quote Reply
Re: Aerobar arm rest pads extension (sideways)...thoughts or ideas? [misha1809] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Profile design F40 armrests will fit and give you both more width and finer adjustment.
Also works for Giant Trinity
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A ghetto nosejob comes to mind :)

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply