Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cycleops Magnus and Watts
Quote | Reply
So if you have the answer to this. Please help me out.

When using the Magnus, I can't pedal below 110 watts, like for revoveries and such. I can't seem to pedal with a high cadence and an easy gear either.

Now am I doing something wrong ? Or is that how it works.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycleops Magnus and Watts [swim_corey_run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like you have the resistance up a little. Which app are you using to set the resistance? Also, make sure you only have one app connected to make sure nothing else is controlling the trainer.

SmartBikeTrainers.com || YouTube || My Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Cycleops Magnus and Watts [Tri Nut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried it on rouvy first, the program that was recommended to calibrate it.

Then I tried in TrainerRoad and did free ride. Is there a way to change the resistance, so that the minimum is 50 watts instead of what seems to be 100?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just make sure it isn't connected to Rouvy after the calibration. Disconnect the trainer just to make sure and then pair it to TrainerRoad. In TrainerRoad (mobile app), you can set the resistance under Device setting. Under Mode, change it to Resistance and move the slider to no resistance.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That will take it out of ERG Mode correct? Putting the slide to no resistance will make it like a fluid trainer, Right?

I just want to be able to easily spin at any cadence and not have to always be over 100, even if the workout prescribes a different number
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, if you are doing a free ride in trainer road, there will be no power target so you should be able to ride at any power. But I would change it to resistance mode and make sure the resistance changes as you move the resistance slider.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok I will message you if that's ok. If I can't figure it out.
Quote Reply