Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Question for the Numbers Guys/Gals
Quote | Reply
Last year, I did the Horribly Hilly Hundred (200k) race (they call it a 'ride', but post your name, time, and ranking on the website....that makes it a race). I'm 5'6 and weighed 161lbs. Right now, I'm 152 and plan on being at 140 by the time the race comes around. There is 10k feet of climbing in this race. Just how drastic (assuming I keep the same power output) an improvement can I see this year?
Quote Reply
Re: Question for the Numbers Guys/Gals [Jon499] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go to analyticcycling.com, plug in the numbers. You'll need to know the lengths and gradients of the climbs.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Question for the Numbers Guys/Gals [Jon499] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like a cool race. Where and when is it?
Quote Reply
Re: Question for the Numbers Guys/Gals [jhendric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
June 17th in Blue Mounds, WI (20 miles sw of Madison). It's really a great race. Chip timed with a 30 minute start window. It allows you to avoid some of the 'pack' danger of riding with people whose skill level is unknown.

The 10k of climbing is packed into 42 'significant' climbs. Most are less than a mile long, but some get quite steep. It ends with a 3.5 mile/950 ft climb to the top of Blue Mounds state park. The final climb is steepest at the top, so you really get to watch people suffer!
Quote Reply