Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Is my pool swimming not adding up to ows? [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have done this multiple times. Another set I’ve done multiple times is 10x200 on 2:45 coming in at 2:39-2:42. If I’m tired the last two might be touch and go, but i don’t think I’ve missed.

About two weeks before the high 31:50 I did a set 4x400, 4x200, 4x100 no breaks on 1:30 and I swam under 1:20 pace for everything except the first 400, which was 5:22. I felt controlled the whole time.
Last edited by: onceatriathlet3: Oct 30, 17 19:43
Quote Reply
Re: Is my pool swimming not adding up to ows? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
In such a short pool you are constantly getting short recoveries on the turns and they make a huge difference, I'm way faster in a 25m pool than i am in a 50m pool. //

Actually it is quite the opposite, it is harder when you do more turns. And the reason you go faster with more turns is because it takes more energy to push off the wall vs just swimming along at a pace. If you were to have a HR monitor in a swim race you would hit your highest coming off every wall.

And to the OP, yes you are well off where you should be with those pool times in the OW. I would suggest more very high rest high quality swims. do 10X100 on the 4 minutes or so. You need a break out on your pace, and then some guidance on your OW skills, because something really is not adding up there..

I must be weird because i find the lactic acid buildup in my shoulders is way less in a 25m pool versus 50m pool. I felt like i couldn't swim when i switched from indoor 25 in Winter back to 50m in Spring, after 75m my shoulders would die. Where in the 25m pool i could push to the point of near spewing with a high heart rate as my muscles didn't seem to be the limiter.
Last edited by: TriguyBlue: Oct 30, 17 18:59
Quote Reply

Prev Next