Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Custom paint design app? (or similar)
Quote | Reply
For those who have done custom paint work to your bikes... how did you go about plotting the design? Did the shop do it or were you first able to use an app and get creative yourself? I looked online, but didn't really see what I was hoping to find.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to find a blank image of my frame and then play around with designs. If anyone can steer me into something that would allow this, I'd appreciate it. Cheers.
Quote Reply
Re: Custom paint design app? (or similar) [JBell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would imagine that most shops which do custom paint jobs would do the mock-ups themselves. You could certainly provide a sketch of what you're envisioning (which I'm sure they'd love) but the actual design format would be shop-specific.

This is definitely not a custom TT bike paint shop, but it's the kind of info/page you're looking for.

https://rockthebike.com/how-to-submit-your-custom-artwork/

Most shops (I imagine) will want the artwork in an Adobe Illustrator compatible format.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have used an Adobe product in the past to illustrate what the new paint job will look like to my clients. While it is not exact, it gives the client a good idea of what it will look like. Since it is automotive paint, it can be difficult to replicate the exact hue in Adobe.

I typically will ask a bunch of questions such as do you want the brand logo's made bigger, smaller, and/or moved? Are there any designs such as pin stripes, shapes, or anything that they would like to see. I put a hummingbird on my wife's bike because her mom loved hummingbirds. The possibilities are infinite.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I met with the painter and started there.
Quote Reply