Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Polar T31 HR strap replacement with a smart watch?
Quote | Reply
I use my Polar T31 HRM strap with my Velotron. Not sure how long these things last before the battery gives out. So, if I need to replace it, just wondering if there is a smart watch that would work that would connect to the Velotron?

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Polar T31 HR strap replacement with a smart watch? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't know the answer to your actual question. But, I have two t31 straps, if you want them. You can still buy them off ebay for $20 too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check your email,replied to it. Smart watches are also likely to use Bluetooth like our devices and I am sure your velotron will not hear a Bluetooth signal
Quote Reply
Re: Polar T31 HR strap replacement with a smart watch? [Wayne@PolarUSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wayne@PolarUSA wrote:
Check your email,replied to it. Smart watches are also likely to use Bluetooth like our devices and I am sure your velotron will not hear a Bluetooth signal

Yea, the velotron, and my life fitness treadmill are too old for new technology. :(

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Polar H7 transmits both Bluetooth and 5kHz so you can use both current and old technology

Personal best:
Ironman 9:22:02
Ironman 70.3 4:20:00
Quote Reply
Re: Polar T31 HR strap replacement with a smart watch? [teinvall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
teinvall wrote:
Polar H7 transmits both Bluetooth and 5kHz so you can use both current and old technology

So I assume Polar uses 5Khz on the old stuff? If so, does this imply I will not be able to find a smart watch type product with this older technology?

Last edited by: h2ofun: Oct 21, 17 8:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Polar use their old 5kHz technology in both H7 and H10 sensors to communicate with the v800 under water. This is because Bluetooth signal can't travel thru water. They also use 5kHz for connecting heart rate on most gym equipment.

But I don't think there are any other smart watches that can use T31 sensor except the v800.

Personal best:
Ironman 9:22:02
Ironman 70.3 4:20:00
Quote Reply
Re: Polar T31 HR strap replacement with a smart watch? [teinvall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
teinvall wrote:
Polar use their old 5kHz technology in both H7 and H10 sensors to communicate with the v800 under water. This is because Bluetooth signal can't travel thru water. They also use 5kHz for connecting heart rate on most gym equipment.

But I don't think there are any other smart watches that can use T31 sensor except the v800.

Thanks. Not seeming the watches can be used as a transmitter, like a chest strap, to link to gym equipment?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Polar H7 or H10 can communicate to your treadmill and velotron since they most likely use the original 5kHz signal which used to be so prevalent in heart rate monitor.

As far as smart watches go,Bluetooth is becoming the new standard in Apple, Samsung, Polar, Suunto etc. Garmin uses ANT+.

The Polar v800 can read both Bluetooth and the 5 kHz signal which your current device receives. Like smart watches it can be synced to your phone and receive notifications. It's accurate GPS and gives a good picture of training load through heart rate variability.

As far as I know, 5 kHz can not be transmitted from a watch. It is transmitted from a chest strap such as T31, H7 or H10. Any watch that measures HR optically at the wrist and able to transmit it is using Bluetooth and/or ANT +.

With regards to 5 kHz HR signal. Your Velotron, treadmill and a 5 kHz watch are all receivers. As I mentioned in the previous paragraph, 5 kHz is only transmitted from a chest strap.

Regarding watches with smart watch features such as notifications, the Polar v800 is the only unit in that category which is compatible with the 5 kHz sognal. It is compatible with Bluetooth and 5 kHz
Quote Reply