Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Manhattin Pool
Quote | Reply
Going to the big apple next week, and trying to get in a few workouts. Anyone know of a decent pool around midtown? Figured Central Park for a jog, but open for suggestions there as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Manhattin Pool [TriMike2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chelsea piers (w.23rd st) might be your easiest bet. there is a bally's with a 25yd pool on w.49th st. (worldwide plaza). awesome pool at asphault green up at e.92nd st.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's also a pool at Riverbank park. It's on Riverside drive,somewhere in the 130's.There number is 212-694-3665.

Its a 50 meter pool,and it costs about $2.00 a day to swim.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Asphalt Green is a very nice facility. Swam there the last time I visited.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What they said. Either Asphalt Green, (Upper East Bumfuck), or Chelsea Piers, (Lower West Bumfuck). But both worth the trip!

There's no better place to run in NYC than Central Park. BEAUTIFUL!!!

*If you can't walk to the park from where you're staying, you can go up to New York Road Runner's Club, (#9 East 89th St, Btw Madison & 5th Ave, take the #6 train to 86th St), and they have lockers and bathrooms you can use for free, then it's just a 1 block walk to the 90th St entrance to the park. Then you have the choice of doing a 4, 5, or 6 mile loop. Or you can do Reservior loops, (1.57 miles each).

Have fun!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Manhattin Pool [IronDeb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info guys, and a special thanks for the tip on the NYC roadrunner club. I can hardly wait for next week to get here, but looks like heavy clothing for the run. Brrrr!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriMike2,

Next Wednesday and Thursday evenings I am videotaping my classes. They are at 5 w. 93rd St. between Columbus and CPW. The classes start at 7:45 P.M.

I also have three nights of deepwater running. Check my website at www.dougstern.com for the schedule.

DougStern
Quote Reply