Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sidi shoe fit
Quote | Reply
Looking for some advice here as I just got two pairs of Sidi shoes, size 46 and 45.5 and both pairs seem to fit pretty well. The 45.5 are snugger in the forefoot but the 46 do not necessarily feel too loose. Both seem to fit fine in the heel with the difference feeling too close to call if one is snugger or not. Length also seems fine on both where the 46 don’t feel too long.

My current shoe measures up closer to the 45.5 but feels a little looser in the toe box, probably due to break in.

So the question is which pair should I keep? Based off my online reading I think I should keep the smaller size and that it will stretch a little in the toe box to loosen up a bit.
Quote Reply
Re: Sidi shoe fit [yoman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I found the uppers of my Sidi shoes have not stretched much at all/
I have size 41.5 and 42.
I can't wear anything but thin socks with the 41.5, or it gets really snug.
Fine for a tri shoe where most ride barefoot, or in hot climates, but if you ride in cold weather the extra half size comes in handy for a thick sock.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I were to lean one way or the other, I would go with the 46 because your feet will swell on long rides. When the foot swells, the tightness of the forefoot can push the metatarsals in to nerves and cause numbness.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the replies, so sounds like you are both recommending I go with the larger size.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of 42's that I swim in and a pair of 42.5 that fit (almost) perfect. They do stretch over time, especially if they get wet on the road (or from sweat). I haven't tried their Tri shoes yet, but I've been using them for road and MTB for years.
Quote Reply